[1.0][MODLIST] Fluffy's Mods - New mini-mod: Power Cleaner [BETA]

Started by Fluffy (l2032), September 14, 2015, 06:16:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudolph

Malacai

Hey Fluffy, i really like your work tab, but it seems a few mods i use add their own jobs and clutter my expanded worktab. Now it looks very squished and it is hard to read anything.

And that is on a normal size monitor, on my little laptop i cant read a thing. Would it be possible to add a scroll bar of some sort, similar to the research tab? Not sure if that would be an easy fix or if you would have to rewrite the whole thing for that.

Canute

Malacai,
this is why you got the feature just to open one single row at once instead all at once with the button.
If i remember right it is ctrl-left click on the row topic, but it should shown at the tooltip when you move the mouse over it.

Malacai

Oh thanks, i didnt know that was a feature. Ofcourse Fluffy thought about everything :D

Canute

Yep, not everyone owns are ultra wide curved monitor like Fluffy ! :-)))

BlackSmokeDMax

Fluffy, as usual thanks for all of your mods!

Now, more importantly ;)

Thanks for re-implementing vertical labels in worktab!  (been meaning to write this thanks for a while - the couple posts above mine reminded me to post of the wonderful return of vertical!)

Malacai

Hm, there seems to be a bug. I have a colonist doing everything in the social and negotiating group, but unchecked recruiting prisoners since someone else has higher chances. Yet she still attempts to recruit my last prisoner. Not sure if that is a bug with the worktab or maybe its a mod conflict with hospitality since the worktype says "Recruiting guests and prisoners"

Fluffy (l2032)

What you see on the work tab is the same as what the pawns actual priorities are, barring any weird errors. I'd need to see an output_log, and preferably a savegame (assuming you're not using too many mods).

Malacai

Ok so i have a savegame, but i do use quite a few mods. ost of them are QoL most that you should be able to leave out without corrupting the file i guess. Once you open up teh savegame and leave it on pause you should see a colonist trying to recruit my prisoner without the "recruit prisoner" box checked.

I think you mean the output_log.txt that is saved next to the savegames? Or do you need to see the ingame debug log as well? I'll attatch both in case you need it. Hope that helps.

Savegame dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/uczgob85cvj3ca1/Drunkard%27s%20Mountain%20%28Permadeath%29.rws?dl=0

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Canute

The output_log.txt is the needed one, but when you at the one you attached "RimWorld 0.16.1388 rev870" it is a very old one.
Check your rimworld installation at the ...data folder you find the right one.
Or if you got hugslib installed, create a log with the "share log" button and post the link.

Malacai

Thanks, hugslib maks that a lot easier. Here is the link: https://gist.github.com/c63d9504cd839b2013d11f8eaafc88e5

I just stumbled over that old output_log file as i was looking for my savegame, didnt realize it was that old.

BlackSmokeDMax

Over the weekend I was playing and saw a similar issue to what Malacai was reporting, but with construction. I used the advanced mode to shut off any building, but it seems as long as any construction jobs are enabled they can construct anything via right-click menu. During this game I had many mods enabled.

I then tested today with a fresh install with the only mod being WorkTab. Still had the same results.

To test this you can set a pawn to have *only* "Smooth Floors" enabled (it will do the same with other things as well), the rest of construction sub-jobs shut down. Set a construction job, and then prioritize a pawn who shouldn't be able to do that job. They will start building. I did confirm that a pawn who can construct but with *all* construction off, still can not build anything.

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on November 27, 2017, 03:12:10 PM
Over the weekend I was playing and saw a similar issue to what Malacai was reporting, but with construction. I used the advanced mode to shut off any building, but it seems as long as any construction jobs are enabled they can construct anything via right-click menu. During this game I had many mods enabled.

I then tested today with a fresh install with the only mod being WorkTab. Still had the same results.

To test this you can set a pawn to have *only* "Smooth Floors" enabled (it will do the same with other things as well), the rest of construction sub-jobs shut down. Set a construction job, and then prioritize a pawn who shouldn't be able to do that job. They will start building. I did confirm that a pawn who can construct but with *all* construction off, still can not build anything.

Yeah, that's basically working as intended. The right-click menus are designed to only check for the workType, as that is the only relevant thing in vanilla RimWorld. Since all work restrictions are basically UI only, pawns can still actually do disabled jobs just fine if they somehow get them assigned. I have two options here; break open the extremely complex FloatMenuMaker_Map to fix this (possibly producing other bugs/incompatibilities in the process), or just leave it alone. I chose the latter.