[1.0][MODLIST] Fluffy's Mods - New mini-mod: Power Cleaner [BETA]

Started by Fluffy (l2032), September 14, 2015, 06:16:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on November 30, 2017, 08:26:22 AM
Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on November 27, 2017, 03:12:10 PM
Over the weekend I was playing and saw a similar issue to what Malacai was reporting, but with construction. I used the advanced mode to shut off any building, but it seems as long as any construction jobs are enabled they can construct anything via right-click menu. During this game I had many mods enabled.

I then tested today with a fresh install with the only mod being WorkTab. Still had the same results.

To test this you can set a pawn to have *only* "Smooth Floors" enabled (it will do the same with other things as well), the rest of construction sub-jobs shut down. Set a construction job, and then prioritize a pawn who shouldn't be able to do that job. They will start building. I did confirm that a pawn who can construct but with *all* construction off, still can not build anything.

Yeah, that's basically working as intended. The right-click menus are designed to only check for the workType, as that is the only relevant thing in vanilla RimWorld. Since all work restrictions are basically UI only, pawns can still actually do disabled jobs just fine if they somehow get them assigned. I have two options here; break open the extremely complex FloatMenuMaker_Map to fix this (possibly producing other bugs/incompatibilities in the process), or just leave it alone. I chose the latter.

Leaving it alone certainly sounds better!

Did you perhaps remove some options from the worktabs mod or just the right click menu? I'm thinking particularly about delivering goods to structures or furniture to be built? Could have sworn there used to be a right click option for speeding up delivery of goods without them building. I'm pretty sure there used to be that option using just your worktab mod, but it seems full on construction is now the only option that can be prioritized. Note: I have never used the "Hand Me That Brick" mod, so it wasn't that.

By the way, I should say I'm not complaining about the change if you made it on purpose, I can certainly live with it how it is. Just making sure I'm not going nuts and remembering incorrectly.

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on November 30, 2017, 11:12:48 AM
Did you perhaps remove some options from the worktabs mod or just the right click menu?
Nope, wasn't me. At least not intentionally ;).

frenchiveruti

Hey fluffly thanks for the mods updates! 
Will you consider adding ModSync.Ninja to your mods?

falconne

@Fluffy is there a technical reason why the max priority setting has an upper bound of 9, other than higher numbers won't fit in the UI with the current font?

Shotgunfrenzy

Quote from: falconne on December 08, 2017, 01:23:17 AM
@Fluffy is there a technical reason why the max priority setting has an upper bound of 9, other than higher numbers won't fit in the UI with the current font?

I think its just 9 priorities is a hecking  lot, so if you need more, you're doing something wrong :0

falconne

Quote from: Shotgunfrenzy on December 08, 2017, 08:21:53 AM
I think its just 9 priorities is a hecking  lot, so if you need more, you're doing something wrong :0

The question was in regards to a mod I was thinking of making that would require more fine grained control of work priorities. I know that as it is 9 priorities is enough, but I wanted to check if anyone knows of any problems that might happen if that limit were raised. I expect there isn't.

Fluffy (l2032)

@falconne; nope, no real limit outside of the UI. Both because it doesn't fit in the cell, and because having more levels would become a pain to manage with a spreadsheet like UI as we have now.

Nightinggale

Is there a difference in performance? I mean if it does something like looping all priorities and for each loop all jobs and skip any job not part of the current iteration for priority, then adding more priority levels will make the outer loop iterate more times.
ModCheck - boost your patch loading times and include patchmods in your main mod.

Mosart

kaptain_kavern

Yep.

A or B is for us humans (clients and marketing stuff...) But for your computer it's 0.18, no A or B.

The code have not changed between A18 and B18, it's just the name

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: Nightinggale on December 08, 2017, 09:55:16 PM
Is there a difference in performance? I mean if it does something like looping all priorities and for each loop all jobs and skip any job not part of the current iteration for priority, then adding more priority levels will make the outer loop iterate more times.
Not really; workgivers are cached in order of priorities, so there's no looping on a regular interval. WorkTab makes the sorting a little bit more complicated, and invalidates the caches each hour (for the hourly priorities to work), but the effects of that are negligible.

When a pawn is looking for a job it'll go over each workgiver in the cache, and attempt to do the first job that is available. This directly leads to one of the best ways to improve performance; make sure that pawns do not have too many job types prioritized, especially not ones that are only occasionally available. Performance wise, it'd be ideal if each pawn did one and exactly one job, and that job was always available. Obviously, that's going to be a pain to micromanage, but it's something to keep in mind when setting priorities.

SpaceDorf

Fluffy,
while you are here,

I have a small QoL suggestion for the Worktab and Animal Tab.
Could you add a small overall count on top of both tabs ?

Overall Animals would be more convenient to know how many animal beds I need,
overall pawns would just be interesting.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

frenchiveruti

While we are at it, a filter option just like AnimalTab but for MedicalTab so I don't have to go through my entire chicken list to find my only Warg would be nice.
And also, an "invert" filter, so it "doesn't" show the things that would be otherwise shown (lets say I only want "non pregnant" animals) obviously it shouldn't count the "animal species" filter, but it would be nice to filter "baby" animals that sometimes the definition is fuzzy.
Thanks!

Fluffy (l2032)

@frenchiveruti; filters should be doable, the system I have for animal tab is fairly portable (and actually Def based, so other modders could even expand on it). As for a 'negative' filter, I'm not sure what you're asking for, the filter in the animal tab already has this mode (just click to cycle between 'meh', 'yes', and 'no')?