[1.0][MODLIST] Fluffy's Mods - New mini-mod: Power Cleaner [BETA]

Started by Fluffy (l2032), September 14, 2015, 06:16:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frenchiveruti

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on December 15, 2017, 04:03:47 AM
@frenchiveruti; filters should be doable, the system I have for animal tab is fairly portable (and actually Def based, so other modders could even expand on it). As for a 'negative' filter, I'm not sure what you're asking for, the filter in the animal tab already has this mode (just click to cycle between 'meh', 'yes', and 'no')?
Mmm let me put a better example...
I'll use the "species" as it's easier to make it understandable, but that one already works fine because you can select from a list instead of cycling by default options. 
Lets say I have in a colony:
Wargs, Grizzlies, Huskies, and pigs.
Now, If I select in that list only the wargs, the AnimalTab will show me all the wargs in my colony and "filter out" the other animals.
So, an "invert filter" checkbox, will allow me to hide the wargs, and show only the Bears, Huskies and pigs, so I can IDK, butcher them all, or assign them to a different area without having to select each one of them in the list, this is useful if you have more animals species than 4, of course.

So, in a "pregnant" animal, the invert button will hide them, if I also select "males only", the result will be "female animals that are not pregnant" (I had to do it in a gameplay for the wargs absurd reproduction rate), for "old animals" the invert will only show young ones, and so on.

I hope that made it clearer :)
(Basically a NOT gate in front of the rest of the logic)

Fluffy (l2032)

But you can already do each of  these? The only thing that would be slightly awkward is filtering all but the wargs.

As for all the yes/no filters, they have three states. So you can filter only pregnant, only not pregnant, or any state of pregnancy. Same for old, male, etc.

frenchiveruti

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on December 15, 2017, 09:19:32 AM
But you can already do each of  these? The only thing that would be slightly awkward is filtering all but the wargs.

As for all the yes/no filters, they have three states. So you can filter only pregnant, only not pregnant, or any state of pregnancy. Same for old, male, etc.
Yeah but for example I can't filter the baby ones that are vulnerable to hunting animals, I have lost so many baby alpacas in hands of fenec foxes :(
But I see your point.
Maybe the suggestion should be "add baby animals to the "age filter"", that's simpler.

Fluffy (l2032)

Yeah, that's true. Maybe I can come up with a better filter for the age one. The main problem is that it has to work for different animals, so different lifespans, and even different amounts of lifestages for some (modded) animals. Perhaps some sort of slider based on % of life expectancy.

frenchiveruti

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on December 15, 2017, 10:30:20 AM
Yeah, that's true. Maybe I can come up with a better filter for the age one. The main problem is that it has to work for different animals, so different lifespans, and even different amounts of lifestages for some (modded) animals. Perhaps some sort of slider based on % of life expectancy.
Aah I see, yeah you are right, for example wargs can reach adult phase in just a quadrum, while Muffalos need a lot more time to even leave the "calf" stage.

Faythe

When using the Stack.Merger file you have up in the b18 game I get this line on start-up:
E:\RimWorldBeta18Win\RimWorld1722Win\Mods\StackMerger\Defs\Workgiver/WorkGiver_StackMerger.xml: root element named WorkGivers; should be named Defs

I am not entirely sure how I would fix that as I do not know how mods are built.

Fluffy (l2032)

@Faythe; I'll have a look, I thought I got rid of all those warnings.

It's not a problem, by the way, just a 'style' change between A17 and earlier and B18. In future RW versions it might become an actual issue, but right now it's basically just a 'deprecation warning'.

Sarge

Hi

Fyi: I downloaded your work tab from your OP and it's for A17.

EDIT: Sorry, I'm such a lazy reader. The version numbers are all there. I guess I just assumed it would be for the latest version.

Since your thread title suggests you have mods for multiple versions, would you mind updating your OP perhaps?

Canute

Sarge,
only the "v0.17.1.3" is outdated, at the github page a working B18 version downloadable.
And the topic say "A12-18".
So fluffy should just remove all version numbers from the first posting.

Sarge

Thanks Canute,

The download icon for the work tab didn't take me to Github though, it's a direct download. Which is great by the way. I didn't try any of the others.

Fluffy (l2032)

Hey folks,

Yeah, my front page on ludeon has been a bit neglected. Almost all my mods are updated to B18, the only one missing is Zoom to Mouse. There's a couple of links on the front page. The direct download should actually get the latest release, which is going to be B18, regardless of the title of the link. There's also a link for each of my mods release pages on github, which shows all current and past releases (hence the A12-B18).

I'll try and be a bit better in updating the front page, it's just such a hassle :P

Btw, has anyone tried the pre-release version of Colony Manager yet? It's got some new features, and I'm curious to hear what you guys think. You'll need to get it through the release page, as the direct download links to the latest 'stable' release.

Canute

If you ask me, through out the direct link, and just keep the github project release links.
Then you can concentrate at your mods and dno't need to maintain the front page ! :-)

wwWraith

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on December 27, 2017, 04:29:17 AM
Btw, has anyone tried the pre-release version of Colony Manager yet? It's got some new features, and I'm curious to hear what you guys think. You'll need to get it through the release page, as the direct download links to the latest 'stable' release.
I'm using it but didn't test thoroughly :) Looks like these features could be useful, but the one that I really dream of would be the ability to clear areas from any plants that give cover. And probably the second for plants that reduce movement speed (the later could be done manually with MarvinKosh's Weed Cutter). It would be so great for managing areas near our defense lines...
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

SpaceDorf

If I knew about the pre release I would have tested the shit out of it .. now I know ..l
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Sarge

Quote from: wwWraith on December 27, 2017, 09:21:30 AM
Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on December 27, 2017, 04:29:17 AM
I'm using it but didn't test thoroughly :) Looks like these features could be useful, but the one that I really dream of would be the ability to clear areas from any plants that give cover. And probably the second for plants that reduce movement speed (the later could be done manually with MarvinKosh's Weed Cutter). It would be so great for managing areas near our defense lines...

Dayhum yeah, all of that please. :)