[1.0][MODLIST] Fluffy's Mods - New mini-mod: Power Cleaner [BETA]

Started by Fluffy (l2032), September 14, 2015, 06:16:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry_Dicks

So I put the updated ResearchTree just above ResearchPal, and everything seems to be working. I guess I'm just stuck having to keep RPal in my mod list, this is my life now :P Is there anyway we could have a sort of zoom out feature? I ask because my research screen is so freaking huge, and I have sooo much blank space in there (because of misc robots++ pushing out the industrial tech so far to the side is one of the culprits) that my scroll bars are very small, and it's hard to see what is connected to what research, to see what prerequisites are needed for the more advanced things. I've attached a screenshot so you can see just how small the scroll bars are, and believe me, I have a ridiculous amount of empty space in there. But so far, it seems like I am going to be sticking with these two things, especially since there is a search function in there now, and I don't have stacked icons anymore. Honestly though, I do miss the default RPal how there wasn't barely any wasted space.

EDIT: Upon further viewing, I really have in total maybe 70-80% wasted space, maybe more, I think. It's maybe 20 pages worth of blank space, like in the 2nd screenshot, and you can see how tiny my scroll bar is. Are there any possible different algorithms that you could use for sorting? Is that a silly question? Sorry I don't know how to make the screenshots smaller.

This was really strange, but, removing ResearchPal revealed a lot of red errors I was having. It allowed me to go in and fix a lot of stuff. I have no understanding of how or why it was either allowing them to not show, or somehow fixing them? I know no idea anymore!

EDIT2: Fluffy I was also curious if you could ever do something with WorkTab. Do you think it would ever be possible to move work types from one category to another? Or possible to insert one/many new custom "categories" into the work tab? I was thinking about how some mods always add their own new work type. You might have 60 different things under your crafting. And it makes it tough if you want to specify just a few things out of there. For example, say I want to have all of my regular crafters do all crafting except medicine production. I save that for just my doctors & researchers. So I make a new category called Drug Production, and I can organize the internal order of work types that are within this category (make drugs at drug lab, make wort at brewing station, etc.) This would also prevent people from ever having to make new mods with new custom categories, and people could just fix up everything exactly how they want it. Is that something that's beyond the scope of what you want to do with WorkTab?

wwWraith

Another suggestions for ResearchTree: ability to reorder the techs in the queue by dragging and highlighting the path from the selected tech to others that have it in prerequisites.
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

docssy

B18 Bug with Colony Manager

Quote<snip see post couple below>

Edit - hmm. my version of CM is 0.18.1722. I'll update first.
Edit2 - Nope. I'm current at 0.18.3.2. Perhaps the about.xml is out of sync with the release version stated on github
Edit3 - Also noticed some random non-fatal Tick errors

Edit4 - Seemed to be non-fatal errors as well

Imcompatability with Holy Washer?

Probably fatal

Fluffy (l2032)

@docssy; thanks for the reports, but please upload a full output_log somewhere, then post a link - especially when there are many stacktraces.

The first quote does look like a potential bug, I'll try and have a look.
The targetVersion in about.xml refers to the version of RimWorld, the mod version is given at the bottom of the description. The version of the assembly file itself will also have a build number, so may deviate slightly.
as for your edits;
edit3;
That could be any job, do you have any particular reason to assume it was caused by the Managing job?
edit4;
- under what conditions does this occur? What mods, what building are you trying to allow?
- idem
- hollywasher - I think this is completely unrelated, a hauling job is failing on HollyWashers (whatever that is), CM does nothing whatsoever to hauling (or any other job - there are zero detours are harmony patches in colony manager).
- probably fatal? - what makes you think this is caused by CM?

Harry_Dicks

https://gist.github.com/f4f6d3e20934dc07483c31cde28fdfdf

Fluffy, I'm getting a lot of these errors when loading a save game. I included the log link. Do you know if they are important, or I could ignore them? Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Fluffy (l2032)

Sweet Jezus, you have 800+ methods with one or more Harmony patches...

Anyway, if your job priorities are still there after load, then I'd say don't worry about it. I've seen a similar error after creating a new game with Prepare Carefully, but as I understand it this happens every time after loading?

Probably, something is making pawns (or androids in your case), getting or setting job priorities, then deleting them without marking them as 'destroyed'. Normally that'd be fine, since job priorities are saved with the pawn, but my mod overrides that, which means the job priorities and the pawn are kept around, but not saved.

When saving, I check for pawns marked as destroyed and remove them from the list, but if the pawns are never marked as destroyed, there's no quick way for me to find if the pawns are 'real', or 'ghost' pawns. Upon loading, the priorities contain a reference to the pawn, but ghost pawns were never saved, so now the reference is invalid, and it throws an error and discards the priorities for the non-existent pawn(s).

I need to figure out a good way to get rid of priorities for pawns that no longer exist in the game without throwing an error, but since the bug doesn't actually break anything it's been fairly low on my to-do list.

docssy

https://pastebin.com/zQ4Y8YVf

It's only half the log, but I think the second half of the log is just a reiteration of the first failure because it's the same entries.

To answer your questions, crashes happens due to a random reason, but specific to drafting and undrafting any colonist. I also had a game that crashed just trading so it could be a UI bug as well (but it was also doing it undrafting). I am lead to believe it's always due to assigning jobs to undrafted folks. I recovered from the mining deconstruction error by simply removing the checkmarks to deconstruct steel from old barriers and lights.

Mods

Loading game from file Autosave-5 with mods Core, HugsLib, Miscellaneous 'CORE', Misc. Objects, Misc. Robots, Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering, A Dog Said..., Rimfire, Apparello 2, FashionRIMsta, Project Armory 20th Century, Animal Feed Trough V1.1, ARMORY ENHANCED, Avoid Friendly Fire, Barbed Wire, Barn Stall V1.0, Crash Landing, SS Damage Indicators, Death Rattle, ED-Embrasures, Fences And Floors, Fireplace Mod V1.9B B18, HelpTab, High Tech Laboratory Facilities, HolyWasher, Hospitality, Better Workbench Management, Infused, Just Ignore Me Passing, Lush Meadow 1.1, MiningCo. SpotlightTurret, More vanilla factions, Set-Up Camp, Real Fog of War, ResearchPal, [RF] Archipelagos [b18], [RF] Basic Bridges [b18], [RF] Configurable Maps [b18], [RF] Basic Bridges - Fishing Add-On [b18], [RF] More Trait Slots [b18], [RF] Scenarios [b18], Industrial Rollers, Misc. Robots++, RunAndGun, Wall Insulation Tweak, SeedsPlease, Show Me Where, Simple sidearms, Tech Advancing, Temperature Tolerant, Vanilla-Friendly Weapon Expansion, VGP Vegetable Garden, VGP_CoffeeTeaDrugs, VGP Garden Fabrics, VGP Garden Drinks, VGP Garden Gourmet, VGP Garden Medicine, VGP More Veggies, VGP Garden Resources, VGP Garden Tools, VGP Xtra Trees and Flowers, [W] Boots and Gloves, Autoclose Event Notifications, Colony Manager, Cooks Can Refuel, Hand Me That Brick, and Harvest Everything!

That could be any job, do you have any particular reason to assume it was caused by the Managing job?

edit4;
- under what conditions does this occur? What mods, what building are you trying to allow?
- idem
- hollywasher - I think this is completely unrelated, a hauling job is failing on HollyWashers (whatever that is), CM does nothing whatsoever to hauling (or any other job - there are zero detours are harmony patches in colony manager).
- probably fatal? - what makes you think this is caused by CM?

Harry_Dicks

Just out of curiosity, do you think Rim of Madness has anything to do with it's Vampire blood lines? As per a description:

First Vampire & The Children of Caine are composed of Caine, brother to Abel, the first mythic vampire, and his first vampiric children. When the game is generated, these vampires are spawned in hidden lists and create a "generation tree history" with previous vampires throughout centuries. They are not meant to be played or seen, since their raw power would destroy the world itself.

Or do you think RuntimeGC clearing out the lists of "World Pawns" might be affecting it? I don't think it is RuntimeGC though, because this will happen when I start a brand new game, save right after drop pods, and then go to reload it, without ever having messed with RuntimeGC.

EDIT: Going to try turning off RoM and leaving on Androids, will see if it helps.

Fluffy (l2032)

@Docssy; could you try and see if you get the same kind of errors when (un)drafting pawns with the manager job disabled? You can probably isolate the job (or at least the worktype) causing the problem by enabling/disabling jobs one by one until it starts/stops happening. Considering I have never seen anything like this before, I am sceptical that it's related to colony manager.

The log gives errors for hauling jobs (with various items, not just the holly washer thing), RimWorld.PawnUtility.GetPosture() and RimWorld.RestUtility.CurrentBed(), none of which I'm doing anything with. The first could be related to mods that alter hauling logic, my best guess for the second would be a race mod, but you don't appear to be using any. The third one has me baffled.

If I understand you correctly, you're also experiencing crashes to desktop. That's a sign that something is pretty badly wrong on a fundamental level. It could be a memory leak, stack overflow, or a screwed up Harmony patch. The game should generate a different crash report log on a 'hard' crash, which should say if it's a memory leak or stack overflow. Bad Harmony patches could just be modder's error, conflicting transpiler patches, or using mods meant for a different version.

If I were you I'd remove all my mods, re-install RimWorld (just to be sure), then add mods back one by one. Make sure you only use mods meant for B18. None of the mods you're currently using stand out to me, and I haven't played with most of them - let alone spent time looking at their code, so I can't really point you to any one mod that might be causing your issues.

@Harry_Dicks; Yeah, could be any of those. It's probably not RoM alone, as there's also errors about the androids. Bottom line is that I need better 'clean up' handling. Unless I misunderstood something, these errors aren't actually causing any gameplay problems, are they? You could just try to ignore them ;).

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on January 17, 2018, 05:21:39 PM
@Harry_Dicks; Yeah, could be any of those. It's probably not RoM alone, as there's also errors about the androids. Bottom line is that I need better 'clean up' handling. Unless I misunderstood something, these errors aren't actually causing any gameplay problems, are they? You could just try to ignore them ;).

Not so far as I can tell, but I have just been doing little test runs to try compatibility. Didn't want to get going deep into a game and run into something fatal, if at all possible.

docssy

Oh boy here we go. So I made sure I have a save that is repeatedly crashable. All pastebin logs are truncated to the first 512kb because not pro user.

Perfect.

#1. Remove ALL work jobs (priorities) from all pawns. Undraft. Boom no more UI
https://pastebin.com/erBBGJR4

#2. Remove ALL manager jobs only. Undraft. Boom.
https://pastebin.com/JMNW92x0

#3. Remove ALL jobs and ALL manager jobs. Undraft. Boom.
https://pastebin.com/7CXZdJzy

#4. Remove ALL workstations - keeping all jobs. Undraft. Took a few undrafts, but Boom.
https://pastebin.com/saYD9J7j

#5. Dev Mode remove fog and cancel all tasked jobs (mining, cutting, etc). Undraft a couple times. Boom.
https://pastebin.com/ut9W0FnK

#6. Dev Mode remove.... the base. No crash! Interesting.... working backwards now....
But I deleted a raider so I gotta check that first

#7. Above, but keeping the dead raider. Still good. Must be an object....

#8. Remove HALF the base (south half=cooking). Boom.
https://pastebin.com/SnZVx44B

#9. Try the other half. Boom.
https://pastebin.com/7Wfi5taT

#10. Try to destroy all workstations and blueprints. Boom.
https://pastebin.com/QevcbZmm

#11. Destroy only the ITEMS lying around in base.  Boom.
https://pastebin.com/ErxbtLMU

Well this is getting frustrating.

#12. Let's try something radical. Removed all stockpiles. Boom.
https://pastebin.com/BTEVnf25

Fluffy (l2032)

@Docssy; thanks for all that!

Unfortunately, the first 512kb of the logs don't appear to contain anything terribly interesting, except for the aforementioned GetCurrentBed and GetPosture functions erroring over and over. I can categorically say that this is not related to any of my mods. You also mention that removing all priorities doesn't prevent a crash. That means it's not related to any work-related job in particular, and rather to non-work jobs (e.g. stand around and wander, skygazing, go to sleep, etc.). My mods do not contain any of these behaviors, so again I can basically rule my mods out as a cause.

I would suggest you look around on the bug/mod bug forums for similar reports, or make a new report there, as I'm kind of out of options here.

docssy

Hi Fluffy,

Thank you for being so responsive, even though you couldn't take anything away to fix...

I'll toss it up wherever modded bug reports go I guess, (Edit https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=38296.0) and I'll take a hard look at perhaps any mod on the list that just might check the box of idle jobs.

Cheers!

docssy

Actually Fluffy, I've moved on (kinda) from the previous issue, but a new one popped up that is easily confirmable. Not sure if it is your Work Tab Mod or the Fishing mod - but when unassigning fishing to all of the colonists (blank) I noticed at least one pawn stop doing anything, didn't idle, just... frozen I guess. Reassigned fishing and started moving again.

Edit - Well... maybe it is the same issue. Noticed another pawn was bugging out after reassigning fishing - wouldn't do anything. Drafted him and undrafted a couple times, and crash. This game hurts my head!

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: docssy on January 18, 2018, 11:10:02 PM
Actually Fluffy, I've moved on (kinda) from the previous issue, but a new one popped up that is easily confirmable. Not sure if it is your Work Tab Mod or the Fishing mod - but when unassigning fishing to all of the colonists (blank) I noticed at least one pawn stop doing anything, didn't idle, just... frozen I guess. Reassigned fishing and started moving again.

Edit - Well... maybe it is the same issue. Noticed another pawn was bugging out after reassigning fishing - wouldn't do anything. Drafted him and undrafted a couple times, and crash. This game hurts my head!

Does WorkTab even really modify job givers? I assumed it was kinda just expanding upon the vanilla work tab, without really doing too much under the hood, unless you start messing around with timed jobs and such (which I haven't.)