[1.0][MODLIST] Fluffy's Mods - New mini-mod: Power Cleaner [BETA]

Started by Fluffy (l2032), September 14, 2015, 06:16:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

soulkata

Hi, I dowloaded the mod "Colony Manager" from the Steam Workshop (Using the Subscribe link on this Thread).
On the Hunting tab, I check the checkbox "Check if targets are reachable", the mod doesn't assign any hunting job!

And taking the opportunity, I would like to thank you for all the excellent mods!

kutch

Hi Fluffy, so cute n fluffy you are..

I always look forward to your mods, they're a huge help and thanks for always keeping them updated!

Just a bunch of thanks!  You rock!

soulkata

Hi,
In 0.19 version, if any arguments of "Check if target are reachable" are marked, the game crashes at the method: "WildManShouldReachOutsideNow". After some "ILSpying", I conclude that, the pawn parameter passed to this method is null, since it was created on "TraverseParms.For(TraverseMode mode, Danger maxDanger = Danger.Deadly, bool canBash = false)".... So, this configure more than a Bug in the core game than a Bug in the mod Itself...

I am not sure how to proceed now... I am posting this here, to alert the community that this bug is tracked, and on the Bugs session, so Tynan see as well.

Thanks

Fluffy (l2032)

@soulkata; heh, I came to the same conclusion myself. It's on mantis, let's hope it gets fixed. In the meantime, I've added a small Harmony patch to bypass the offending method if it's called with the specific set of arguments that causes the bug (pawn = null, TraverseMode = PassDoors), the latest version should work fine.
@kutch; thanks! :)

soulkata

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on September 05, 2018, 06:55:27 AM
@soulkata; heh, I came to the same conclusion myself. It's on mantis, let's hope it gets fixed. In the meantime, I've added a small Harmony patch to bypass the offending method if it's called with the specific set of arguments that causes the bug (pawn = null, TraverseMode = PassDoors), the latest version should work fine.
Well, I reported this on the Bug section, and Tynan said that I should be able to raise this condition on a vanilla game... And ILSpying, I couldn't.... :(

As an alternative, I was thinking if that pass the Pawn that is performing the Management job isn't a good idea. But I didn't study your code to figure out how to do this... :)

Thanks for the attention!

Smexy_Vampire

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Smexy_Vampire on September 05, 2018, 10:42:00 AM
eta on some of the mod updates to b19 ?

They've all been ready since June :)  (of course with many changes since then)

Seriously though, yep they are all ready. You can get them on Workshop or get them from the github links on the first post.

Which does bring up one question for Fluffy...

Are you going to put the "Pharmacist" mod in that table in the first post at some point? Right now you have to find the link within this thread or, and more easily, browse to it via github.

edit: May also want to change your first post title from 1.0 to B19.

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: soulkata on September 05, 2018, 08:18:20 AM
Well, I reported this on the Bug section, and Tynan said that I should be able to raise this condition on a vanilla game... And ILSpying, I couldn't.... :(

As an alternative, I was thinking if that pass the Pawn that is performing the Management job isn't a good idea. But I didn't study your code to figure out how to do this... :)

I'm hoping he (or one of the other devs) will be more responsive on mantis, but he does have a history of marginalizing modders' concerns sometimes. We'll see.
In that particular combination of arguments, the result should always be `150`, so instead of calling the method and get an exception, I just return 150 and stop execution of the method with Harmony.

@BlackSmokeDMax; Updating the front page is one of my least favourite chores :P.

rawrfisher

On the topic of manger. Can you move the manager worktype above research?  Its an occasion while research is longterm
Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on September 05, 2018, 02:44:08 PM
Quote from: soulkata on September 05, 2018, 08:18:20 AM

I'm hoping he (or one of the other devs) will be more responsive on mantis, but he does have a history of marginalizing modders' concerns sometimes. We'll see.
In that particular combination of arguments, the result should always be `150`, so instead of calling the method and get an exception, I just return 150 and stop execution of the method with Harmony.

@BlackSmokeDMax; Updating the front page is one of my least favourite chores :P.

LOL, yeah, I think I remember you stating that before much earlier in this thread!

po_0l

Hello Fluffy, Really appreciate all your mods.

I have a comment about the pharmacist mod.
I honestly think it would just be better if you separate infection/diseases from other injuries. Say a colonist has infection: even if you set the immunity threshold properly, if that same colonist has a large bleeding wound like a torso concentrated 8x gunshot or a hacked off limb(which would have no problem being treated by lesser med) IN ADDITION to the infection, the priorities would get conflated. I don't really care about the outer wounds that have no percentage progression that need to be kept track of. I just want to prioritize highest quality care to diseases/infections. This mod as it is right now does not provide the capability to distinguish them I think. I kind of have to "guess" which injury will be treated first and flip the setting back and forth in order to reserve higher quality meds for infections.

Just a pleb opinion. If there was a specific design/technical reason or you simply don't want bother I fully understand, but otherwise please consider.

rawrfisher

I noticed that too. Infections and diseases are really the only things I waste meds above herbal on lol
Professional jerk

Fluffy (l2032)

@po_0l, rawrfisher; I agree, that would be ideal. The problem is that I also don't know which disease a doctor is going to treat when he is looking for medicine. An additional complication is that doctors pick up enough medicine for all conditions, and then treat them all in bulk.

I could (theoretically) completely rewrite the way that system works, but that will have several big drawbacks;
- it would be less efficient, doctors would have to make multiple trips for multiple classes of conditions.
- it would be complicated, and potentially buggy - especially considering the interactions it might have with other mods.
- it would be a lot of work for me, with mixed benefits/drawbacks.

All in all, I found this to be not worth it. The main argument for me is that completely rewriting the treatment routines is complicated, and very invasive (read; it would not play well with other mods).

po_0l

Would cause lots of behind the scenes complications, I see. Thanks for the response.
Saving couple more medicine only a real issue in the early game while the drawbacks you proposed would affect the whole game, so I agree that its the right compromise.

Hopefully Tynan can someday look into changing that, or at least, make it a bit clearer which wounds/diseases are worked on first in terms of treatment order.. Just knowing that would solve the core problem

rawrfisher

How about moving the manager worktype higher then research?  I dont think that would be as extensive as rewriteing an entier worktype but least it would keep my colonies from starving early game <,<
Professional jerk