Where Are the Traders?

Started by Riddle78, September 15, 2015, 06:01:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riddle78

No idea if this is just RNG laughing at me,but,with my colony,I've had an orbital relay and a communications console up for over a month,now,and no traders have passed by the planet. It took me half a year to set that up,granted (Trading is not a high priority for me),and the beacon itself is under a roof,but I'm playing on Basebuilder Mode with Phoebe. Is it just RNG,or is there a hidden switch in the game that full-on disable trader ships if it takes you too long to build a relay?

Daman453

Could be a bug, backup the save file if it is. Um, go into the dev menu and then send trade ships? It might do the trick
Quote from: StorymasterQ on February 02, 2016, 08:19:52 PM
For flu, try a cock. If that doesn't work, try boobmilk. Nice.

jega

I would guess it's the RNG playing with you.

If you think it's a bug-post your save.

Tagasaki

it's the RNG... but then again in basebuilder phoebe... any kind of event will be very low... like totally low... raise up a notch in difficulty to get frequent event of everything...

Riddle78

I pressed the only button I had in my debug menu that referenced traders. When I did,it spawned five of them at once,who then proceeded to leave at the same time about a day or so later. Hopefully that fixes the issue. Otherwise... Annoying.

As an aside,do I need to keep my silver in my beacon's zone of influence? Because right now,I keep it in a dedicated warehouse.

kahlzun

Yes, anything outside of the orbital beacon can't be used for the trader.
Note that, despite the description, it works fine under the roof, and you can place as many of them as you need.
Look for me on the KSP forums!
Rimworld. The game where getting a cannibal psychopath with bloodlust is a good thing.

Cimanyd

Also note that some materials, including silver, don't deteriorate or even have HP so you can safely store them outside if you want to save space inside.
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...
It seems many of the scythers in the area have been driven insane.

Riddle78

My colony's in an open field,so space isn't exactly an issue. I made warehouses for my resources for the sake of organization,really.