Should the game take longer?

Started by Fishirboy, September 16, 2015, 11:10:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FMJ Penguin

Quote from: akiceabear on September 19, 2015, 12:30:49 PM
Also, doubling the the time in each day possibly will change your gameplay zero, assuming the relative ticks required for each task are maintained or simply scaled up. Yes, you can fit more in a "day", but you will fit the exact same amount of actions in 1 (real world) hour of play.

Don't even know what to say to that bro. I never thought of myself as a fanboy by any means but even I have that much faith in the dev team. Have to be pretty clueless to double AND scale everything along with it. Right back to square one.  :P

Actually I'd kinda like to see it happen just like that. Just to see the interesting threads coming out of it  ;D DO IT Tynan!! You know you wanna......
Bits & bobs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/buuxpswcu9rzh3o/AABlRN4f2E4UNfDY8a_RoA6Ea?dl=0 All open source so sell it to Adolf for a new pair of sneaks if you like.
"Curious.... How many credit hours does it take tell you can make a comment like that without laughing uncontrollably at yourself?"

Andy_Dandy

Quote from: Tynan on September 18, 2015, 09:49:42 AM
We're actually already doubling the day length (ticks per day) for the next alpha.

I fear it will make seasons and aging less of an issue if each day is too long. But I guess there will be more that has to be done as well, and rebalaning by making some work take longer.