Previous topic - Next topic

MAD GOD

Atheism mod

removes "praying" activity
nothing more

thanks

Alistaire

skullywag

hey are you the guy the ingame warg description refers to?
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

MAD GOD

Quote from: skullywag on September 17, 2015, 10:03:55 AM
hey are you the guy the ingame warg description refers to?

wargs a smarter, then colonists
they dont pray

skullywag

They could be praying to the void gods which could get added to the game at any point. Its one of the concepts Tynan has on his list of things to possibly add.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

MAD GOD

Quote from: skullywag on September 17, 2015, 10:16:20 AM
They could be praying to the void gods which could get added to the game at any point. Its one of the concepts Tynan has on his list of things to possibly add.

but now there is no in-game gods

gods first
then praying
no gods - no praying

besides,
gods do nothing - no praying
if you just dont want - no praying

RoboticManiac

Praise unto Cthulhu, may he smite the unbelievers

MAD GOD

ok, i just do it by myself
try it, if u want, and tell me, how it works

it must remove the "praying" & "visiting grave" activities

[attachment deleted due to age]

Ptolisgoodguy

I think the visiting grave activity should stay as it is respecting the dead and not necessarily praying to a god.

And if we're on the subject of activities, there needs to be a 'debate' activity between atheist and theist pawns.
I hear the voices... They are telling me to do terrible things... Sounds Fun!

Adamiks

I think that pawns can be atheists already. For example some pawns are praying other not - it's pretty much like in real life.

I really doubt it that in future atheists will be 100% of the population. There always will be something we don't know about to make another religion/god etc.
In general people created God because they don't know about so many things - evolution, gravity, planets, stars, universe itself etc. We must remember that our imagination of God is imagination of God from the first years of our era when people though Earth is the centre of universe etc. In real life Earth is only a small pale blue dot and humans are even smaller.
That we're a lot smarter than other animals doesn't mean anything - after all universe is big so who knows if other race don't helped us or evolution is so amazing that can create both intelligent race and creature like dog, cat etc in that same time?

TLDR
I think people will believe in God/Gods almost forever. Why? Because we believe in God even now, when that God was created in world with knowledge that is really, really basic for us.

And btw i'm ateist. I use simple logic - there is higher chance of other race creating our whole solar system than God creating Adam and Eve and Earth as a best planet ever etc.

Btw 2 - There is a lot of text in Bible itself that can say both about God or other race. There are even some paintings with something flying in the sky (may be fake, though, just saying) Just a fun fact :)

Btw 3 - it's just my thoughts, i don't say that people believing in God are stupid or something. Though, we have no proofs God exist, but it's believing after all - people believe that something like God exist without any proof for that.

cuproPanda

Quote from: MAD GOD on September 17, 2015, 09:43:48 AM
Atheism mod

nothing more

thanks

Pretty simple to do on your own.

Rimworld/Mods/Core/Defs/JobDefs/Jobs_Joy.xml
     Change <defName>Pray</defName> and <reportString>Praying.</reportString> to something like "Think" and Thinking" or "Plan" and "Planning"

Rimworld/Mods/Core/Defs/JoyGiverDefs/JoyGivers.xml
     Change <defName>Pray</defName> and <jobDef>Pray</jobDef> to the same name as the previous <defName>Pray</defName>

For example:

Rimworld/Mods/Core/Defs/JobDefs/Jobs_Joy.xml

<defName>ThinkingOfDay</defName>
<reportString>Thinking about earlier today.</reportString>

Rimworld/Mods/Core/Defs/JoyGiverDefs/JoyGivers.xml

<defName>ThinkingOfDay</defName>
<jobDef>ThinkingOfDay</jobDef>

Quote from: Alistaire on September 17, 2015, 10:01:09 AM
god bless
Really mature. I'm sure Yahweh/Allah/Vishnu/etc. would be quite pleased with your bigotry.

Quote from: Adamiks on September 17, 2015, 02:21:20 PM
In general people created God because they don't know about so many things - evolution, gravity, planets, stars, universe itself etc. We must remember that our imagination of God is imagination of God from the first years of our era when people though Earth is the centre of universe etc.

Some people still believe the Earth is flat
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

Adamiks

Yeah, i know about this site. "your senses are telling you Earth is flat". Yeah, especially when i see a mast of ship first before the ship itself - Best Logic 101.

Sometimes i think about humans and i don't see what part of us is created by God but i'm sure it's not the brain :S

Too-DAMN-Much

Quote from: Adamiks on September 17, 2015, 02:45:42 PM
Yeah, i know about this site. "your senses are telling you Earth is flat". Yeah, especially when i see a mast of ship first before the ship itself - Best Logic 101.

Sometimes i think about humans and i don't see what part of us is created by God but i'm sure it's not the brain :S

it's a beautiful lie sold to the homeless, sick and weak of mind, at it's base the illusion of deities serves nothing more than to give the common folk just that, something in common, it was originally a way to put nice dry tinder at the sparks of society, these days....

people enjoy being lied to. :/

my views are agnostic, i don't believe, but if god came to earth and said "hey (name) it's god" and then proved it i'd be the most devout person you've ever seen from then on.

Adamiks

The point is that God isn't person. It can't be. People say "he" not "it" like it's a person, but how any kind of person can exist without time and space? The answer is - it can't. If God exist it's really different that people thinks.

And the funny part is that people use hilarious arguments to prove that God exist and it's a human-like-thinking creature. Yesterday some guy on YT said that 4 major books are saying God exist so it's exist. Even if these books was created by other humans - "God exist because humans said so" - Logic 101.

I don't hate anyone believing, but c'mon people, when you believe in something you *believe*. Believing isn't based in saying that things in you believe are facts. Believing is based in knowing that there is no real proof to makes things in you believe science fact. For example i can believe that i will be My Little Pony after i will die, but that doesn't make it fact - even if i would create tons of books saying "i will be my little pony after i will die" but in sneaky way - using some stories that doesn't have much sense at all.

TLDR
If you believe in God then believe in it and don't try to make it a fact that it exist. Bible doesn't proof God exist - becaues it's book created by human not God. You can say that these humans were blessed by a God but there is a higher chance they were just crazy. In fact people most likely would believe in what really old book is saying about God rather in what Simple Smith would say about his new religion in really modern day. To be honest i would rather like to believe in religion that was created in very modern days than in religion that was created so many years ago.

dareddevil7

Quote from: MAD GOD on September 17, 2015, 09:43:48 AM
Atheism mod

nothing more

thanks

But why would you want to stop colonists from praying to our lord and savior Tynan?