[Mod Request] Atheism mod

Started by MAD GOD, September 17, 2015, 09:43:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adamiks

Heh, it's pretty interesting. Maybe God/Gods are just creators of our matrix that we live in? ;d

MAD GOD

Quote from: cuproPanda on September 17, 2015, 02:25:59 PM
Pretty simple to do on your own.

thanx 2 u, panda, i'm already delete praying from joydefs, but i forget about joygiverdefs
now its complete

TheGentlmen

Quote from: cuproPanda on September 17, 2015, 02:25:59 PM
Some people still believe the Earth is flat
HEY... dats some serous stuffz their... I'll give them an A+ for the effort... Its kinda like when I proved that all numbers are equal when I got a math question wrong on a test...

Anyway: just like all numbers are not equal, i believe the earth is not flat.

Edit: I actually I grabed it off the internetz, but atleast I stated the source!!!

Edit: Be happy to give you a link!

Adamiks

Why you changed Gentlmen? ;{

One day you was a real Gentlmen, now you're a trololo soldier!

MAD GOD

i remove strings from Jobs_Joy and JoyGivers
they praying anyway

what i did wrong?
did i need to start a new game? or it must work with saved games?

can someone look at my mod?

[attachment deleted due to age]

cuproPanda

Quote from: MAD GOD on September 17, 2015, 07:41:47 PM
i remove strings from Jobs_Joy and JoyGivers
they praying anyway

what i did wrong?
did i need to start a new game? or it must work with saved games?

can someone look at my mod?

The problem is you made a mod. I was talking about editing the core files, since you're removing a feature found in the base game. Below is a screenshot from a test I did. Replacing the words like I said earlier makes the colonist think instead of pray(apparently they're thinking about something pretty gross). Replace think/thinking with whatever you want.

I also added pics of exactly what I wrote(notice the file path at the top), if it helps. I'm pretty sure Tynan wouldn't like it if I distributed core files, so that'll have to do.

cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

MAD GOD

Quote from: cuproPanda on September 17, 2015, 08:25:54 PM
The problem is you made a mod. I was talking about editing the core files, since you're removing a feature found in the base game.

thank u panda
but, tell me please, can it be done by making mod, not by editing core files?

TheGentlmen

Quote from: Adamiks on September 17, 2015, 07:01:16 PM

I felt like changing, got a problem? :)

But  you just noticed now... I thought everyone would've noticed by now...

cuproPanda

Quote from: MAD GOD on September 17, 2015, 08:45:19 PM
The problem is you made a mod. I was talking about editing the core files, since you're removing a feature found in the base game.

thank u panda

I'm sure it is, but I don't exactly know how. I've never tried removing things, only adding.
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

A Friend

thank u panda

Non Modder opinion:

Well, you could keep an unedited copy of the core files somewhere there just in case something goes wrong.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

TheGentlmen

Quote from: KENERIC KABOOM KERSON Khat Klays Ksp (TheGentlmen) (GENT) on September 17, 2015, 08:47:21 PM

Oh, and it was Ithyflea's who gave me the title, he said so him/herself in a PM and offered to remove it, I declined.

Also changed my name... AGAIN.

And I'm not and a trololo soldier, I'm an 'Ambaster of fun'

cuproPanda

Quote from: KENERIC KABOOM KERSON Khat Klays Ksp (TheGentlmen) (GENT) on September 18, 2015, 09:41:13 PM
Quote from: KENERIC KABOOM KERSON Khat Klays Ksp (TheGentlmen) (GENT) on September 17, 2015, 08:47:21 PM

Oh, and it was Ithyflea's who gave me the title, he said so him/herself in a PM and offered to remove it, I declined.

As a mod dev, it might be a good idea to settle on a name you like and keep it. I imagine it'd get confusing for people to see [current name]'s Small Mods and Patches; they might think it's a different person and skip it.

ItchyFlea

Unfortunately you cannot simply remove things from the core mod by creating a new mod that doesn't have that thing in it. Unless you replace or edit the Core mod, you have to override the item you wish to remove.

I've whipped up a mod (attached to this post) that should effectively remove the praying activity. All it does is set the chance of colonists deciding to do the praying activity to 0.

All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

TheGentlmen

Quote from: cuproPanda on September 18, 2015, 10:01:12 PM
Quote from: KENERIC KABOOM KERSON Khat Klays Ksp (TheGentlmen) (GENT) on September 18, 2015, 09:41:13 PM

As a mod dev, it might be a good idea to settle on a name you like and keep it. I imagine it'd get confusing for people to see [current name]'s Small Mods and Patches; they might think it's a different person and skip it.
Good point...

ratboys