[Tool] (Alpha 14-15) Simple Save Editor

Started by DragonLord, September 17, 2015, 12:28:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zemilkman

Hello,

please allow to set traits in bulk or import/export traits.
Also please allow to set more than 3 traits for a character (maybe with a warning).
I would also like it much more if you could do traits in a multi select instead of dropdown and "add".

Just some suggestions. Thank you for all your work so far.

exogran

Hello o/
Thank you for this mod pal!
I really looked for something like this. But i have a problem with one of my saves. It always says "Failed loading RimWorld Save File; Reason: No characters found! Try playing the game a little more."

Well i bought this game for my birthday a couple days ago and since im actually crippled i got tons of time to invest. So i got more than 90 hours of gametime in this special savegame. Maybe some ideas how to fix? I only use the "Colony manager Mod" which gives me the ability to manage everything with a single guy.

Hope you can give me some suggestions :)

NINJA EDIT!
Got the Solution. The Moddata of the "ZombieApocalypse"Mod was the Problem. Even if not activated it causes some trouble :)

DragonLord

I'm glad that you managed to resolve it :D
I have uploaded a new version for you guys to test and play with: It lets you edit the backstory of your characters.
Warning, it's highly experimental!

Please let me know how it works out for you.

davidbotaks

Sequence contains more than one element...
What should I do?

RafaelPz

DragonLord

Quote from: RafaelPz on August 01, 2016, 05:08:54 PM
Quote from: davidbotaks on August 01, 2016, 02:44:17 AM
Sequence contains more than one element...
What should I do?

Same problem

This bug has been addressed in 0.51
Give it a go and let me know how it went.

RafaelPz

zloibuka

Its now works, thanks! Can you add inventory editor? Or its too difficult?

dookie

Thanks for the tool; appreciate your work...
However, there's a small problem with the addition of the backstory editor:
Any pawn with a (special) or (tribal) backstory tag will not save correctly.  The editor displays the correct backstories, but when you reload the save, the backstory is blank in the editor, and when you load the save in-game, it assigns a different (seemingly random) backstory than what was displayed.  This happened regardless if you changed the backstory or not.  (I was only fooling with the skills and injuries and wasn't trying to edit the backstory, but I found several pawn characters unable to do tasks they were previously able to do because of story limitations.)

DragonLord

Could you tell me which backstory it is?
Because in my tests, everything worked fine.

Lamb

Quote from: dookie on August 03, 2016, 08:11:17 PM
Thanks for the tool; appreciate your work...
However, there's a small problem with the addition of the backstory editor:
Any pawn with a (special) or (tribal) backstory tag will not save correctly.  The editor displays the correct backstories, but when you reload the save, the backstory is blank in the editor, and when you load the save in-game, it assigns a different (seemingly random) backstory than what was displayed.  This happened regardless if you changed the backstory or not.  (I was only fooling with the skills and injuries and wasn't trying to edit the backstory, but I found several pawn characters unable to do tasks they were previously able to do because of story limitations.)

Yes, this appears to be happening to me also. Even when I try to fix these blank backstory spaces, upon loading the backstories of these afflicted colonists are randomly selected.

Edit: the backstories so far are selfless hunter, high baroness, exiled researcher, and corp-bred student; however I imagine that more are affected. It seemingly happened at random, I never had to touch these backstories until I realized they were missing and random stories were assigned upon each load of the save game.

2nd Edit: It seems like it's not loading the saves from ingame that causes the backstories to reset. Trying to save backstories with the tool seemingly does not save them at all, since loading the same save file from within the tool shows blanks for the backstories you have just attempted to put in. Coincidentally, all these backstories have the special tag.

3rd Edit: dookie is right, I can apply backstories that do not have any special tags before them. Two of my characters are afflicted by this, and coincidentally they were the two that were recently hospitalized for a sickness. I don't see a relation, but I have no idea why these two are afflicted.

4th Edit: previous version of the save editor seems to negate this problem, albeit with some bugs such as being able to properly save some backstories. However, it works, mostly.

5th Edit: most updated editor now works, so long as you carry over a modified save that used the previous version of the editor. Seems like the issue is simply backstories not being saved properly.

DragonLord

The backstory hash calculation function is reverse engineered from the game, and I could be missing a few things regarding how the backstories are read from their respective XML files.
I will delve deeper into this matter when I have the time.

In my defense though, I did state that it is experimental :P

flasherunlimited

Thanks~  :)  :D

Please, can you add a way to change biological age ?

Bazerand

Quote from: DragonLord on August 07, 2016, 07:52:44 PM
The backstory hash calculation function is reverse engineered from the game, and I could be missing a few things regarding how the backstories are read from their respective XML files.
I will delve deeper into this matter when I have the time.

In my defense though, I did state that it is experimental :P

Would it be possible to also pull custom backstories as long as they're put into the save editor's mods folder? CCL has this functionality, and they're stored in mods/*/Defs/BackstoryDefs. I've attached an example xml (that I currently use for a couple of colonists) for formatting.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

VerificationHell

does diffrent language make promble?(not english) (maybe...?)
back ground story is changed after i changed save data witch i didnt change back groung story.

i am using JAP and KOR language

ps.i realy dont know anything about programing but ive seen '(while i was enjoying fallout) (not sure) KOR JAP CHI language is 4byte but ENG is 2byte.....babababababababa....so....it could make serious problem.'
SO does 'BYTE' something could be problem??(back ground story brake)

sorry about my bad english.