[Tool] (Alpha 14-15) Simple Save Editor

Started by DragonLord, September 17, 2015, 12:28:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rattlebox

I can confirm that while using the .5.4.2 version of the editor, my colonists are being assigned random backgrounds after editing them.

arkatufus

Quote from: Rattlebox on January 31, 2017, 07:16:48 PM
I can confirm that while using the .5.4.2 version of the editor, my colonists are being assigned random backgrounds after editing them.

Did this happened to all of the colonists, or just some of them. If its happens on some of them, can you tell me their background before the edit?

Rattlebox

I used the editor to cure 4 of my colonists of the plague. After editing those colonists and saving, all of my colonists had their backgrounds changed when I loaded up that modified save.

arkatufus

Quote from: Rattlebox on February 01, 2017, 11:30:20 AM
I used the editor to cure 4 of my colonists of the plague. After editing those colonists and saving, all of my colonists had their backgrounds changed when I loaded up that modified save.

Can you attach your original save game here so I can analyze it?

Rattlebox

Unfortunately, no. I didn't actually realize the backgrounds had been randomly altered until later in my game, at which point I had already overwritten the save file.

EDIT: Okay, so I edited my save again. I went through and changed the backgrounds to what they were before. Upon loading the save, everything seems to have worked properly? Here's crossing my fingers.

arkatufus

Quote from: Rattlebox on February 01, 2017, 04:12:55 PM
Unfortunately, no. I didn't actually realize the backgrounds had been randomly altered until later in my game, at which point I had already overwritten the save file.

EDIT: Okay, so I edited my save again. I went through and changed the backgrounds to what they were before. Upon loading the save, everything seems to have worked properly? Here's crossing my fingers.

OK, that's good to hear.

wdpk42

I had an issue trying to load your tool with my save: http://pastebin.ca/3767221

The modlist is part of the game-dump linked at the bottom, but the error message says I don't have any characters. Could be related to the Psychology mod perhaps?

Quote from: arkatufus on February 02, 2017, 02:39:47 PM
OK, that's good to hear.

arkatufus

Quote from: wdpk42 on February 13, 2017, 03:22:16 AM
I had an issue trying to load your tool with my save: http://pastebin.ca/3767221

The modlist is part of the game-dump linked at the bottom, but the error message says I don't have any characters. Could be related to the Psychology mod perhaps?

Quote from: arkatufus on February 02, 2017, 02:39:47 PM
OK, that's good to hear.

Could be, I'm not sure, can you send me your save file so I can take a look at it?
I don't know if the forum supports file attachment, if it doesn't, you can use Mega or Google Drive or OneDrive and share the link here.
Make sure you zip it first.