[Tool] (Alpha 14-15) Simple Save Editor

Started by DragonLord, September 17, 2015, 12:28:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonLord

Please upload your savegame so that I can test against it

HoboCop2899

Hello, first I want to say that this is a great mod, but I keep getting a error with my saved game. I will post a link with a steam screenshot and if you can help, that would be great. I could also upload my savefile through dropbox or something if that would help. Thanks!

Steam Screenshot: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/492403061582020211/B106800304359A84379D37611E6FF18CBB8940F1/

DragonLord

Thank you for the screenshot, it was instrumental in locating the bug in the backstory editing.
Test version 0.52 and let me know how it works out  :)

HoboCop2899

Awesome, glad it could help you! I will test it when I get some time in the next day or so. Thanks again!

tomsdert

Thanks! This is just what I was searching for.  :)

Deimos Rast

QuoteRight now, it only works on Windows.
Should you guys consider it to be any good, I'll try and port it to other OSes as well.
Linux User here...
Unlike most Windows apps, your's actually allows you to see hidden files (which is necessary because the save game directory is located in .config), which is great.
Anyway, long story short, I was able to successfully edit my save game, on Linux. However, I had to use Wine (which I actually installed just for this) - was pretty painless, but some might not want to do that.
My colonists are now scar free thanks to this handy tool. ;D
Cheers.
#StopPluginAbuse

DragonLord

I have successfully tested it on Linux (Can't get a Mac VM to test with)

This is clearly a Debian-based flavor, but the packages used for it were:

• mono-runtime
  • libmono-system-windows-forms4.0-cil
  • libmono-system-xml-linq4.0-cil
All dependencies that come with it cover the rest of the packages required.

If you could test it with the current version and let me know how it works out, I'll make a more platform independent version, and add instructions on how to use it in such environments.

Deimos Rast

I'm noticing you're using v0.5.3.0 and I'm on 0.5.2.0. I can't seem to find the 53 version - is that your development copy?
Running it with mono runtime was what I tried initially (already have the packages), but it fails to load the save (Argument out of Range: Parameter name: SelectedIndex).

Also, I'm getting an error now when I go to save (back to using the Wine method): failed to save - sequence contains no elements. All the fields have relevant values best I can tell (my interpretation is there is a missing value somewhere?).
This is with a different save than the previously successful one (completely new). Some mods have been added/removed, etc.

Two separate issues (I think).

Cheers.
#StopPluginAbuse

rimdragg

Quote from: Deimos Rast on August 23, 2016, 04:24:40 PM
I'm noticing you're using v0.5.3.0 and I'm on 0.5.2.0. I can't seem to find the 53 version - is that your development copy?
Running it with mono runtime was what I tried initially (already have the packages), but it fails to load the save (Argument out of Range: Parameter name: SelectedIndex).

Also, I'm getting an error now when I go to save (back to using the Wine method): failed to save - sequence contains no elements. All the fields have relevant values best I can tell (my interpretation is there is a missing value somewhere?).
This is with a different save than the previously successful one (completely new). Some mods have been added/removed, etc.

Two separate issues (I think).

Cheers.

I am having the same issue in regard to failing to save.
I should mention that I am on Windows 10, 64bit, and have not had this problem until recently (happened on 5.1 so I upgraded to 5.2 in hopes of a fix, which is still broken).

DragonLord

Could you please post a save game file along with what you were doing/changing?

rimdragg

Quote from: DragonLord on August 24, 2016, 03:41:36 PM

I'll PM it to you in a second. All I did was try to open the save editor.

DragonLord

Quote from: rimdragg on August 24, 2016, 04:49:22 PM

Did you place it in your RimWorld game folder?
From what I see here, it simply can't save traits that it doesn't know of (AKA modded traits).
The only way for it to learn those traits is to place it in the RimWorld game folder, so that it can load the modded traits.

I will add a proper error for this in the next release.

rimdragg

Quote from: DragonLord on August 24, 2016, 08:18:39 PM

From what I see here, it simply can't save traits that it doesn't know of (AKA modded traits).
The only way for it to learn those traits is to place it in the RimWorld game folder, so that it can load the modded traits.

It is in my game folder. The game folder is the one with the Mods, _Data and Source subfolders yes? Should I put the executable anywhere else?

Folder structure is this:

RimWorld/
-- Mods/
-- RimWorldWin_Data/
-- Source/
-- EULA.txt
-- player_win_development_x86.pdb
-- player_win_development_x86_s.pdb
-- Readme.txt
-- RimWorldWin.exe
-- RimWorldSaveManager.exe
-- ScenarioPreview.jpg
-- steam_api.dll
-- steam_appid.txt
-- Version.txt

DragonLord

Quote from: rimdragg on August 24, 2016, 08:34:06 PM
Quote from: DragonLord on August 24, 2016, 08:18:39 PM

It is in my game folder. The game folder is the one with the Mods, _Data and Source subfolders yes? Should I put the executable anywhere else?

Folder structure is this:

RimWorld/
-- Mods/
-- RimWorldWin_Data/
-- Source/
-- EULA.txt
-- player_win_development_x86.pdb
-- player_win_development_x86_s.pdb
-- Readme.txt
-- RimWorldWin.exe
-- RimWorldSaveManager.exe
-- ScenarioPreview.jpg
-- steam_api.dll
-- steam_appid.txt
-- Version.txt

Version 0.53 should solve the problem with loading multiple duplicate traits

mrwaaa

Um.. What if it says I have no permission to access the file? Usually, I get appcrash warning but there is nothing
I tried the latest version of your tool :(