Pale Blue Dot

Started by Adamiks, September 19, 2015, 09:12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adamiks

See "Pale Blue Dot" By Carl Sagan here

This is a version with HD pictures, because original pictures was low quality (the images are from 1990 year and some people don't watch videos if they aren't at least 720p. Ahh... That generation ;d). But because autor removed original image taked by a sond Voyager 1 i will put it here:

What do you guys think about it? Also, remember that his speech was made in 1990-1992 (i can't find exact date, but i know when sond made pictures) - in that year people on Mars was just Sci-Fi :)

Also, he made a book about it, so check it out if you want - i really need to read it someday.

DoctorNick

I picked up a copy of this book just the other day, haven't gotten to read it yet but I will soon.

Here's a little visual feast for you with a voice over from the introduction of Pale Blue Dot:

Turn off the lights, put it in HD, put on your headphones for this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6goNzXrmFs
Hi everybody!

BetaSpectre

Space is big. I am scared.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Adamiks

Quote from: BetaSpectre on September 29, 2015, 03:47:57 AM
Space is big. I am scared.

There is theory about 10 dimensions. Number 10 is all universes, all times, all possibilities - everything.

Now space is BIG

StorymasterQ

If you mean string theory, isn't it 11 dimensions?
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Adamiks

Actually there is a lot of theories about these dimensions. In one version i heard about 11 but in some science-based video i heard about 10.

Anyway, it's all only theory so it don't really matter.

keylocke

shintaro kago - blow up <---- teh universe