Regarding hypothermia

Started by RemingtonRyder, September 17, 2015, 12:03:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RemingtonRyder

At the moment, when colonists get hypothermia, and they can find a safe spot to warm up, they do not wait long enough before venturing back outside. Using the draft, I can micromanage them so that they get it down to under 10%. and then they can get on with whatever they were doing, but it's tedious.

Also, they do not opportunistically warm themselves up. For example, if I build a small wood shack with a campfire in the middle of a boreal forest, they do not beeline to the shack to get warm before chopping down some nearby trees. Pathing takes longer because of thick snow, which means that by the time they reach a tree and start chopping, hypothermia can already be at the point where frostbite is about to set in. Warming up somewhere near the destination and then doing work in the cold seems (to me at least) to be a saner way of doing things.

FMJ Penguin

Bits & bobs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/buuxpswcu9rzh3o/AABlRN4f2E4UNfDY8a_RoA6Ea?dl=0 All open source so sell it to Adolf for a new pair of sneaks if you like.
"Curious.... How many credit hours does it take tell you can make a comment like that without laughing uncontrollably at yourself?"

cultist

Dumb question, but is the shack set as home zone? I don't think colonists try to find safe temperature if it's not in the home zone.

RemingtonRyder

Sorry, I was unclear. When they're going to chop down some trees, they go directly to the trees, even if they could divert to the shack to get warmed up before work. A diversion would mean that they get less work done, but help them to avoid frostbite. :)

Of course, maybe I should stockpile enough wood inside before winter begins... not desperately chop it when winter is already upon me!

Kajin

That'd be awesome, actually. I rarely settle in areas that cause overheating to that extent, but it'd certainly be helpful.