Defence tactics

Started by Wonky, October 29, 2013, 08:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Untrustedlife

Quote from: Red Storm 58 on February 02, 2014, 07:02:14 PM
I dont use kill boxes or mines. I use my colonists, and it works great. I will tell you several tactics. Run An' Gun:i jave a colonist run up at the raider party, usually with a indecary rifle. He/She would run up and fire the gun, setting most of them on fire. CHARGE!!!:Take ten or more colonists and equip all of them with shotguns. When the raiders approach, run them straight in front of them. Results with some losses, but it does look awesome. Fire...... Take one colonist. Give him molotov. Make most of the raiders follow Him/Her. Go in room. I think you know what happens from here. Look Behind You: take four colonists and put them in a small cave in the path of the raiders. Let the raiders pass by. After they have been shooting at your defenses, bring them up behind them. Make sure your colonists have m-16s. I will add some more later.

Aww, you may do this, but many players once they have mines, or the ability to set up a killbox , they do it, so raiders need a way to break through em.

Of course "Megabots" as suggested by Vastin and other things that don't include combat but are still threats would be fun.
So dwarf fortress in space eh?
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK

Pirx Danford

Well I played it a lot last weekend and the best solution for me was to set up a diagonal defense wall of sandbags as first line of defense.
No turrets there as my colonists should get down and do that dirty work by themselves.
As fallback, if it gets too dangerous, I have a second line of defenses with only 4 turrets (enough to scare remaining raiders off normally).

This all is much improved now through a field of debris before the sandbags, also if the raiders attack in unreasonable numbers the area they have to cross is a massive killing field lined with mines... seems to work quite okay for now.

Next weekend I'll try if I can tackle Randy Random :-)