Prisoner sold/organ harvest penalty rework

Started by Jamago, September 18, 2015, 08:30:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamago

There should be different kinds of penaltys for selling a prisoner into slavery/harvesting organs.

For example:

-was captured in raid,  "he tryed to kill us! I'm glad he is out of the colony! +7/"he got what he deserves" +5

-a guy from the droppod event, "he was a refugee, we had no right to sell him into slavery!" -12/ "it wasn't his
     fault that he landed in our colony and now we "harvested" him." -15

This is my first entry on a forum, so please for give me if there are some errors/ its hard to read or sth.

Jamago

Wex

Actually, selling someone into slavery or harvesting his organs, is pretty much an evil deed, no sane man should be happy.
But, I don't think anyone would cry either, over a much needed lung, harvested for your best grower, from one of the people that made this harvesting a necessity.
The panality should be on organ SELLING.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

CB elite

Quote from: Wex on September 18, 2015, 01:49:33 PM
The panality should be on organ SELLING.

Agreed. Organ transplants are perfectly acceptable in a humane society.
My people shouldn't be upset that I harvested a kidney in order to keep one of my other colonists alive.

Selling organs you've harvested is the real thing that needs a psychological punishment.
That is, if they are not evil/psychopath...

MultiDavid

Problably could be fixed by nerfing the debuff from harvesting organs, and if you transplant them then you gain a buff that counteracts the negative one.

akiceabear

I think the selling transplant disambiguation is a nice idea. Moreover, make it sonthat if your doctor fails in the transplant he feel really terrible.

LordMunchkin

It'd also be nice if we could harvest undamaged organs from the recently dead.

Oga88

Quote from: LordMunchkin on September 19, 2015, 12:58:22 AM

That is a money making machine

MultiDavid

Quote from: Oga88 on September 26, 2015, 07:23:10 PM
Quote from: LordMunchkin on September 19, 2015, 12:58:22 AM

That is a money making machine
Yeah, organs really need their cost toned down... i mean, how hard is it to find somebody to cut up with all these pirate traders and tribals running amoc ?!

akiceabear

Organs should be useless within a few days - pretty sure in real life that's how it works, even with refrigeration. The best outcomes are when you transplant directly out of someone and into another.

Wex

Quote from: akiceabear on September 26, 2015, 09:05:08 PM
Organs should be useless within a few days - pretty sure in real life that's how it works, even with refrigeration. The best outcomes are when you transplant directly out of someone and into another.
Organs in real life are useless within MINUTES; refrigeration gives you an hour for every minute you normally have. Usually, they put it also into ATP (google it if you need) to avert necrosis.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

cultist

I always found it a bit odd that organs don't need refrigeration. Possibly just an oversight, or a balancing thing, but it seems it could make proper cooling even more important than it already is.