[Request] Additional events

Started by RoboticManiac, September 08, 2015, 09:01:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoboticManiac

Aside from few and far between events like toxic fallout or the volcano eruption, all events can just about be summed up as raids, power shortage, raids, eclipse, blight, raids, increased temp, solar flare, lowered temp and some more raids on top.

Just would like a mod that adds additional events into the game to make it all more interesting. Perhaps a nearby meteor impact or two factions fighting a skirmish in your area (intentionally, not the accidental fire fight we have with visitors). Say a month long storm or actual ships crashing (Big explosion, few pawns spawn and maybe a low health ship part on fire). Etc, etc.

Few more events I can think of;

- Hostile faction constructing a forward operating base against you on the map- not necessarily any mortars to fire at you, just one or two steel structures with beds and maybe a growing zone if possible, if not, they could get resupplied through drops of survival meals by event. Might lead to increased raid frequency? Perhaps hostile sentries could also be a possibility.

- Super heavy hail- periodically applies blunt damage to pawns caught out in the open

- Fire rain- Same as hail, but applies some burning damage instead, may set a pawn on fire if left out in the open and severely unlucky

- A series of creatures or ultra high-tech monstrosities enter the area for one or more days, and attack anything which is not lit- meaning a base would need to be well lit to keep them at bay.

- Some kind of gift from a faction that has a high opinion of you, say a bit of gold or silver

- Geological events which may spawn either a new geyser or additional mountain 'blocks'

- Flooding- Turning some terrain into deep/ shallow water

- Floral bloom- Sudden increase in either the amount of wild fauna, or their growth rates

- Mass extinction- New animals and trees/ fauna are no longer spawned for a lengthy period of time

- Global warming/ cooling- Average temperature in the region permanently rises/ lowers and a large portion of the original terrain is slowly replaced if needed (Ex, soil to sand), in addition to new creatures spawning; essentially a change in biome

- Belligerent visitors- The player can either allow or deny a group of would be rowdy visitors from visiting their colony- Refusal leads to a raid, and concession leads to a lower mood among colonists who interact with them, and they eat you colony food/ booze

- Foreign investment- You can accept another non-hostile faction's offer to invest in your colony- They'll send troops to help you in every raid, and give a one time sum of resources, but they'll expect some kind of tithe/ tax every month- Failure to deliver means war and an instant raid

- Foreign alliance offer- Requires extremely high relations, but the faction will send soldiers to every siege/ raid you have, similar to foreign investment

- Drought- Causes a series of random fires to spawn, rain may not occur for it's duration

Alrighty, that's me out of ideas for now  :)

Florius

The global warming cooling is already in the game, a cold snap and heat wave.
Or do you mean something for a longer time?

And the mass extinction, ever had toxic fallout? Because that is the same except trees dying.

But I agree on the other ones, just not sure how hard they are to implement.

skullywag

I will have:

Meteorites (random meteorites falling and leaving stone/resource meteorites on the map, also larger meteor storm, lots of fire and explosions)
Razor Rain (steel falling from the sky, hurts if it hits you) - https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=9851.0
Great migration (random animals migrating across your map)
Purple Ivy (https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6961.0)

Coming soon for A12.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Too-DAMN-Much

+1

these all sound like fun, i especially like the hostile faction idea, maybe it would be better to make it an option you could tick on or off when selecting a landing site though, could be a lot of fun for challenge plays.

jetalockhart

Clash of two opposing faction nearby... Need more guns blazing...

skullywag

Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?