Steam Workshop Poll

Started by rsof69, September 18, 2015, 11:51:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you agree with the plan of putting mods in steam workshop ?

Yes !!
25 (61%)
No !!
2 (4.9%)
Hell No !!!
4 (9.8%)
Never !!!
4 (9.8%)
I don't care
6 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: September 25, 2015, 11:51:25 AM

akiceabear

Quote from: SilverKnight on September 21, 2015, 10:32:16 PM
The main reason Ludeon have most likely not put RW on steam is because Steam take a substanatial cut of the profits

This is incorrect. The main reason it isn't on Steam yet is that Tynan wants a feature complete and polished version to ensure a smooth wide release. He has stated for some time that the game will definitely eventually be on Steam.

Also, all this complaint about Steam's cut of profits is a bit silly - do people think games sold with 100% of profits going to developers under old distributions models? Or that Steam adds no value (and thus deserves zero profit sharing)? Obviously most games couldn't be huge hits without the reach of Steam or a similar platform - not every developer is satisfied with being a cult classic.

cuproPanda

Quote from: akiceabear on September 22, 2015, 06:15:32 AM
Quote from: SilverKnight on September 21, 2015, 10:32:16 PM
The main reason Ludeon have most likely not put RW on steam is because Steam take a substanatial cut of the profits

This is incorrect. The main reason it isn't on Steam yet is that Tynan wants a feature complete and polished version to ensure a smooth wide release. He has stated for some time that the game will definitely eventually be on Steam.

Also, all this complaint about Steam's cut of profits is a bit silly - do people think games sold with 100% of profits going to developers under old distributions models? Or that Steam adds no value (and thus deserves zero profit sharing)? Obviously most games couldn't be huge hits without the reach of Steam or a similar platform - not every developer is satisfied with being a cult classic.
This post pretty much sums up the entire issue. I would like to state, though, that I personally don't like Steam taking 30%(or more) of profits because I feel that is too much for the services they offer. 15-20% would be more reasonable. That being said, all the main distributors are very close to the 30% mark, and it's none of anyone's business how Tynan goes about the marketing of his game. Just wanted to clarify that I was just offering my thoughts earlier.
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!