[Mod Request] Furniture Trader

Started by AllenWL, September 19, 2015, 09:13:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllenWL

With furniture having quality, and being uninstallable, I started making surplus furniture so my colonists could get better beds and make some cash selling furniture. Well, turns out non of the traders actually buy furniture.....

Seemed rather like a oversight, and I had tons of useless furniture wasting space, so here I am.

milon

Whoa, that's surprising.  Hopefully that'll get addressed in vanilla after Tynan gets back, but for now a mod would be good.  Maybe it would make sense for Bulk Traders to buy & sell furniture?

Tagasaki

or a totally new trader? furniture trader? XD or integrate into exotic as well but always of higher quality beginning from good?

cuproPanda

I plan on rolling out new updates to my mods this weekend, so I'll see about doing this. Joy traders wouldn't care about a beautiful bed as much as a beautiful painting, so maybe I'll make a new trader with furniture stock and other stuff.

EDIT: I don't know that this can be done with XML, aside from defining every piece of furniture made with every material(iguanaskin animal bed vs cloth animal bed). Even then, that's only vanilla stuff. I'll keep an eye on it. I didn't see anything in the xml data or source code that seemed like it would work this way, though.
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

BangUDie

Hi...
Just made a small mod that changes the vanilla games furniture to be sell-able

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=16216.msg173827#msg173827

let me know what you guys think and if you feel that a real furniture trader is needed as I can add that too

Cheers...

milon

@BangUDie, you can sell all furniture, or only beds?

cuproPanda

Quote from: milon on September 21, 2015, 02:23:02 PM
The edit is made to the building base, so it would be all furniture in vanilla that inherits from building base and is able to be minified. It's a total of 3 lines of code, so it would be simple for any mod dev to sell their own stuff.
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

BangUDie

Quote from: milon on September 21, 2015, 02:23:02 PM
I made it so all bed types (other than sleeping spots) were able to be sold, along with the colored lamps, normal lamp, chair and ect....

Doing it to the bases like I did in my original implementaiton to my Core files was insufficent because I had traders attempting to sell me $0.50 sleeping spots....Anyway...