Eggs start as Prohibited to pick up.

Started by Cardbo, September 20, 2015, 02:24:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cardbo

Whenever my chickens lay eggs(all hens, no roosters) they always start as prohibited, which mean I always need to manually unprohibit them so that they'll be hauled to the refrigerator.  Is there some sort of option I can toggle so that they'll be automatically unprohibited?

Loki88

I believe it's so that the chickens don't eat their own eggs.

TLHeart

If you want them not prohibited, then make sure the hens lay the eggs in the home zone.

No there is no option to set.

Cardbo

milon

Quote from: Loki88 on September 20, 2015, 02:26:32 PM

LOL, wut??  That would be pretty awesome - cannibalistic birds that eat their unborn young!

But I'm pretty sure RimWorld chickens are herbivores.

Panzer

Reminds me of that tweet from Tynan ^^ "Animal testing. Chicken lays egg, turns around and gobbles it up". Had to laugh when I read that ;D

heo rung

Valid reason for Necro:

Alpha 13: In A13, I have observed the following-
a. Eggs (both unfertilized and fertilized, aka. UF and F) laid in the home zone, will be interactable, but those outside of the home zone will not be interactable by default
b. Pet dogs love eating eggs that are interactable, both UF AND F, so watch out!
c. UF eggs left outside will slowly degrade
d. F eggs that hatch inside your home zone will automatically become tamed pets
e. F eggs that result in tamed pets, somehow automatically become assigned to the same region as the parents/hatching zone (no idea how this happened, needs more investigation)

Mutineer

All animals born get assigned to zone of there parents, so probably egs are too.

Wex

Eggs bought from traders make tamable animals. Egg laid by farm animals spawn more farm animals.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

cultist

Quote from: milon on September 21, 2015, 02:07:21 PM
LOL, wut??  That would be pretty awesome - cannibalistic birds that eat their unborn young!

Chickens in real life will eat pretty much anything, including egg-shells and cooked chicken. For once, reality is crueler than Rimworld.

Mossy piglet

Quote from: milon on September 21, 2015, 02:07:21 PM
Quote from: Loki88 on September 20, 2015, 02:26:32 PM

Well, maybe chickens wouldn't, but I had a tortoise in a12 lay eight eggs, then immediately eat 6 of them.
Tardigrades are superior to all other life forms in every way.

Ps I secretly am one I am the king of their civilization.

milon

I think I read somewhere that when Tynan first added eggs to the game, chickens did indeed lay-and-eat their eggs.  Silly animals.  :)

Lonely Rogue

Does anyone know how I could make a nest for designated laying spots? I don't like having my birds lay eggs everywhere only to have them degrade in the weather.
Rimworld: A game where you're kept as entertainment for thousand year old robots, and you just don't know it yet.
Any mod requests?

Cimanyd

Quote from: Panzer on September 21, 2015, 04:06:50 PM
Reminds me of that tweet from Tynan ^^ "Animal testing. Chicken lays egg, turns around and gobbles it up". Had to laugh when I read that ;D

Quote from: milon on June 16, 2016, 11:14:45 AM
I think I read somewhere that when Tynan first added eggs to the game, chickens did indeed lay-and-eat their eggs.  Silly animals.  :)

The dangers of necromancy! :P
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...
It seems many of the scythers in the area have been driven insane.

SirDerpface

Quote from: Cimanyd on June 17, 2016, 02:59:59 AM
Quote from: Panzer on September 21, 2015, 04:06:50 PM

Quote from: milon on June 16, 2016, 11:14:45 AM

The dangers of necromancy! :P
Happens to my chickens in real life.
Funny, my chickens aren't laying eggs,but they won't eat food!