[A11d] Tools For Jobs (v1.2)

Started by Wivex, August 04, 2015, 04:26:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wivex

Thanks for the feedback. I wish i had more time testing all the circumstances. I'll do bugfixing after weekend.

skyarkhangel

Quote from: Wivex on August 08, 2015, 04:03:36 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I wish i had more time testing all the circumstances. I'll do bugfixing after weekend.

also some players have bugs with construct job driver:

Quote from: zenfur on August 08, 2015, 10:41:14 AM
The newest version is very buggy. I started and had to finish around 8 games because of bugs. For example there is a bug with assigning jobs, and many errors/exceptions about colliding or missing definitions.

This and previous version are too buggy to play imho :(

I was using hotfix, latest version and crash landing.

Also this version is missing texts for events like quest for treasure or low drone power level alert.

Here's a screenshot:

Also, are my colonists idle because they don't have tools to do the work? Doesn't it add too much micromanagement with equipment? To have every colonist swap between tools and weapons for each raid... I don't think this change brings any good to the mod. IF you really want that aspect in the mod, and make mandatory crafting toolbelt for everyone to let them do their basic jobs, then halve (or even more) basic  work speed without tools and make tools give high bonus for doing the job to compensate. To be totally unable to do the job leads only to frustration and confusement.

Tynan

To add a final GenStep, you could just define a MapComponent and have it do whatever you want on map start. This way there are no mod dependencies.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

skyarkhangel

Quote from: Tynan on August 08, 2015, 06:49:42 PM
To add a final GenStep, you could just define a MapComponent and have it do whatever you want on map start. This way there are no mod dependencies.

And *special event* to find them on the map  8)
Or it can be set to generate near with landing too?

Wivex

Also, are my colonists idle because they don't have tools to do the work? Doesn't it add too much micromanagement with equipment? To have every colonist swap between tools and weapons for each raid... I don't think this change brings any good to the mod.
Quote from: Wivex on August 04, 2015, 04:26:41 AM
If non tool weapon was equipped before starting a job, pawn will drop it, but keep reserved to pick up later automatically.

IF you really want that aspect in the mod, and make mandatory crafting toolbelt for everyone to let them do their basic jobs, then halve (or even more) basic  work speed without tools and make tools give high bonus for doing the job to compensate. To be totally unable to do the job leads only to frustration and confusement.
I see tools requirement as necessity, not luxury. You'll have your starting tool pack and can craft more cheap tools immediately. It's hard to survive in the forest without a sharp axe.
This mod is small but has huge impacton the game so use it with caution.
Sry again for the bugs, i'll fix them ASAP.

Quote from: Tynan on August 08, 2015, 06:49:42 PM
Maybe i get you wrong, but i think i already did that in v1.1.

skyarkhangel, could you add some core tips from my Features and Behaviour list to your mod list, so people will have better understanding before starting a game. Not many people actually go in this thread before starting a game with your modpack. And you can exclude my mod for now, until i fix those bugs.

Wivex

Update bump:

Version 1.2 update:
- Fixed a bug: colonists trying to repair graves and other non-intended buildings.
- Fixed a bug: made changes to the tool's def names so they don't cause any problems with any other similar def names (like "BuildingRubble" and "Building_Hammer").
- Made tools an exception for hunting job, so pawns won't go hunting with them.
- Replaced sparks animation for contructing and repairing of metal buildings to dust puffs, to be more realistic when building with hammer.
- Some xml optimizations and rebalancing.

skyarkhangel

WallyKazam

Thanks for the great mod  ;D . Really added to the immersion aspect of the game. Tested with A12d and so far no issues.