[A12d] [AI] Enviro SK v.0.7b Hunger (02/11/15)

Started by skyarkhangel, September 20, 2015, 09:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGentlmen

Quote from: skyarkhangel on September 24, 2015, 09:51:45 AM
Quote from: Keychan on September 23, 2015, 04:03:28 PM
Is there any precautions to prevent pets from attacking visitors.  Just had a pet husky attack my first group of visitors making them hostile.

I thought about it, do ban soon.
Some people think that this is good :)

Ya can check any pawns fraction in a dll, with a animals faction is null that meens its untamed. Thats how I got Biodiversity pets not too attack thier owner in UOM, simply checking if the animal has the same faction as the pawn it shall attack or if its fraction is an an
ally of the pawn it will attack shall do it.

LustrousWolf

Just a small thing, is it not supposed to say "Released by Skyarkhangel." Rather than "Realized by Skyarkhangel." ?

isistoy

Sky puts extra stuff/code/AI, deals with you and me (users) and there is backing from here (me), when needed.
I don't see a problem Sky realizing the mod, we were asked for reference.
By the way, K9 was intended for A11 but A12 broke us apart, so I personally feel good seeing that code put into good use...
<Stay on the scene like a State machine>

skyarkhangel

Updated to v0.6

changes from 0.2:

Additional features in v.0.3: Wild hunt

• hungry wild animal will now consider the colonists as food.
  • tamed animal can attack wild animal with own race.
  • wild animals can support his pack!

Additional features in v.0.4: Back to back

• Wild pack animals can defend own animals.
  • Animals trying be together and find his relatives.
  • Agressive herbivores can defend together.
  • After butchering will appear gutted corpse (not meat). Only animals can eat it...
  • Animal full rebalanced, based the food chain.

Additional features in v.0.5: The Shawshank Redemption
  • Intelligent tamed animals could funtime. (thanks to Fluffy).
  • If the animal is locked and very hungry it tries to break out (thanks to Fluffy).

Additional features in v.0.6: Wild nature.
  • Added new animal AI:  Herbivore harmless.
  • Apparel drop from pawn, after eating animals, but heavily damaged. (thanks for isistoy).

MultiDavid

Quote from: skyarkhangel on September 27, 2015, 08:54:36 PM
Updated to v0.6

changes from 0.2:

Additional features in v.0.3: Wild hunt

• hungry wild animal will now consider the colonists as food.
  • tamed animal can attack wild animal with own race.
  • wild animals can support his pack!

Additional features in v.0.4: Back to back

• Wild pack animals can defend own animals.
  • Animals trying be together and find his relatives.
  • Agressive herbivores can defend together.
  • After butchering will appear gutted corpse (not meat). Only animals can eat it...
  • Animal full rebalanced, based the food chain.

Additional features in v.0.5: The Shawshank Redemption
  • Intelligent tamed animals could funtime. (thanks to Fluffy).
  • If the animal is locked and very hungry it tries to break out (thanks to Fluffy).

Additional features in v.0.6: Wild nature.
  • Added new animal AI:  Herbivore harmless.
  • Apparel drop from pawn, after eating animals, but heavily damaged.
Hm... could you please make it so animals don't attack boomrats and boomalopes, it seems... stupid, also, i have no idea why some animals go on murderous killing sprees xD

skyarkhangel

Quote from: MultiDavid on September 27, 2015, 08:55:48 PM
Hm... could you please make it so animals don't attack boomrats and boomalopes, it seems... stupid, also, i have no idea why some animals go on murderous killing sprees xD

Already done, with food chain. Boomrats and boomalopes have much more danger.. but if carnivore animal have no other choice.. will try to attack them anyway or try to starve to death? Animals find that it is necessary take a chance.

MultiDavid

Quote from: skyarkhangel on September 27, 2015, 08:57:19 PM

Already done, with food chain. Boomrats and boomalopes have much more danger.. but if carnivore animal have no other choice.. will try to attack them anyway or try to starve to death? Animals find that it is necessary take a chance.

I understand that part, but yet, for some animals ( like the iguana, which is an omnivore ) they seem to go on killing sprees, attacking everything and anything they can get their hands on, which, in the iguana's case, should be even more rare, due to them being able to eat grass and so on.

My own dog decided it would be fun going after 2 boomalopes with a squirrel nearby >_<

skyarkhangel

Quote from: MultiDavid on September 27, 2015, 10:26:26 PM

I understand that part, but yet, for some animals ( like the iguana, which is an omnivore ) they seem to go on killing sprees, attacking everything and anything they can get their hands on, which, in the iguana's case, should be even more rare, due to them being able to eat grass and so on.

My own dog decided it would be fun going after 2 boomalopes with a squirrel nearby >_<

In future i suppose to rewrite.. selecting targets with calculating not only individual animals, but herd size too. I temporarily solved the problem with changing spawn group size. And individually may prohibit.. boom* animals..?

MultiDavid

Quote from: skyarkhangel on September 27, 2015, 10:57:45 PM

In future i suppose to rewrite.. selecting targets with calculating not only individual animals, but packs too. And individually may prohibit.. boom* animals..?

I wouldn't say... prohibit, something as simple as increasing the range of the carnivorious animals's ''detection'' would do it, and making omnivores prefer grass to meat.

skyarkhangel

Quote from: MultiDavid on September 27, 2015, 11:06:15 PM
Quote from: skyarkhangel on September 27, 2015, 10:57:45 PM

In future i suppose to rewrite.. selecting targets with calculating not only individual animals, but packs too. And individually may prohibit.. boom* animals..?

I wouldn't say... prohibit, something as simple as increasing the range of the carnivorious animals's ''detection'' would do it, and making omnivores prefer grass to meat.

Ok... About omnivores. I almost completely removed this type, mb some animals have it. Because, they eat all.. and beer too.. lol

skyarkhangel

Updated to v0.7

• Tamed animals will not be consider friendly or neutral guests as potential food. But as soon as the visitor became aggressive - hungry tamed animal will break him to pieces.
  • When any wild hungry animal select player's unit as target , will come a message about it.
  • Fixed red errors.
  • Few rebalance distance for search targets and herds.

Patch for Hardcore SK 2.2c: up Enviro_SK v0.6 to v0.7
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ikptoeuqopcv2q/Enviro_SK%20for%20Hardcore%20SK%20v0.6%20to%20v0.7%20patch.rar?dl=0
Just copy Enviro_SK folder into mods with overwrite files.

JT

I'm still getting red errors about Megascarab_Leather -- I'm not playing with the Hardcore SK pack, which is likely why.

[edit] Hm. Actually, since I have ItchyFlea's Animal Hideworking, an incompatibility between the two might be the cause rather than Enviro SK by itself.  Lemme take a look.

[edit2] Yep, actually, that seems to be exactly what's up.  I'll try a fix by modifying Enviro_SK to have the same leatheramount as does Animal Hideworking, since I don't want to give up the bug chitin armour. =)

[edit3] Confirmed fixed! For anyone who is experiencing the same problem using both mods together, the fix is as simple as modifying <leatheramount>0</leatheramount> to <leatheramount>3</leatheramount> in Enviro_SK's Races_Animal.xml under the Megascarab defName tree.  Alternatively, just delete AR-Megascarab_Leather.xml from AnimalHideWorking if you don't want megascarab crafting.

LustrousWolf

I have a saved game, since this changed AI stuff, is it possible to update the mod without the save breaking?

skyarkhangel

Quote from: LustrousWolf on October 02, 2015, 02:34:21 PM
I have a saved game, since this changed AI stuff, is it possible to update the mod without the save breaking?

Hi, Wolf. Not tested with old saves. So, you can test and inform :)

LustrousWolf

Quote from: skyarkhangel on October 02, 2015, 05:09:10 PM
Quote from: LustrousWolf on October 02, 2015, 02:34:21 PM

Hi, Wolf. Not tested with old saves. So, you can test and inform :)

Ok, I will have to test tomorrow, it is kinda late where I am, I will edit this post when I test it out and find out the results.