Colonist randomly catches on fire till death

Started by Jdalt40, September 21, 2015, 11:28:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdalt40

I was using a fire trap in a ancient ruin so the room got up to 1300C, then suddenly my colonist randomly catches on fire even though he was 50 blocks away from the room, even outdoors! So i took him back to base. But every 20 seconds, he catches on fire and i am not able to keep him alive for much longer. Pls help guys! :D (It did kill the mechanoids though :/ )

skullywag

Hmm was gonna say its probably the temperature. Can he be outside not on fire at all? Or does he catch fire again even when outside? My point being has he caught fire and is still burning or does it go out and he reignites?

Also save and world files might help.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Facepunch

Fire up development mode, restore the torso limb as many times as needed, see if it goes away. If he's got bionics or anything like that on the go, they'll be removed, along with scars, etc.

Jdalt40

Quote from: skullywag on September 21, 2015, 12:10:22 PM
Hmm was gonna say its probably the temperature. Can he be outside not on fire at all? Or does he catch fire again even when outside? My point being has he caught fire and is still burning or does it go out and he reignites?

Also save and world files might help.
When i took him outside, the temperature was normal, but he just kept burning even thought i put out the fire multiple times :( . I ended up deleting the save file after my colonists were burnt alive (the guy burning went into the living room and burnt it down :D).
Quote from: Facepunch on October 05, 2015, 09:29:15 PM
Fire up development mode, restore the torso limb as many times as needed, see if it goes away. If he's got bionics or anything like that on the go, they'll be removed, along with scars, etc.
I already tried that multiple times after putting him out because he was about to die, but he just kept catching on fire. This also happened without mods :(

Jdalt40

Btw if you want to try to recreate it, my Rimworld version is Alpha 12A (I am too lazy to update :D)

ison

Working as intended, pawns can catch fire if the temperature is too high. Thanks for reporting anyway.