Keep Clear Of Plant Zone

Started by TechnologicApe, September 21, 2015, 08:51:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TechnologicApe

I was thinking; what about a zone that you could designate, like the remove snow zone, but for plants. Anyone want to make a mod or will anyone at Ludeon like to implement this idea?

StorymasterQ

So... a zone where not even a shred of bush may grow?

A Brazilian zone, then? :D
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

TechnologicApe

Quote from: StorymasterQ on September 21, 2015, 08:57:29 PM
So... a zone where not even a shred of bush may grow?

A Brazilian zone, then? :D

I had a feeling someone would say that.

Adamiks

Nah, it's more like New York. These guys are the best in keeping plants out of there! ;D

jamesinar

Don't we already have that? It's called a floor.

TechnologicApe

Quote from: jamesinar on September 22, 2015, 10:01:39 PM

But I meant for an area, like the Windmill zones, It's annoying going back and forth between them to maintain the area. I'd like a zone where it'll just designate everything for cutting or harvesting.

Loki88

Quote from: TechnologicApe on September 23, 2015, 08:06:34 AM

But I meant for an area, like the Windmill zones, It's annoying going back and forth between them to maintain the area. I'd like a zone where it'll just designate everything for cutting or harvesting.

I'd have to agree with jamesinar, just make a floor. If you don't want to floor  outside, you could build solar panels in front and behind the windmill since they don't block wind. Other than that just build them where things won't grow.

Adamiks

Quote from: Loki88 on September 23, 2015, 08:37:23 AM
Quote from: TechnologicApe on September 23, 2015, 08:06:34 AM

I'd have to agree with jamesinar, just make a floor. If you don't want to floor  outside, you could build solar panels in front and behind the windmill since they don't block wind. Other than that just build them where things won't grow.

Some players may want to create "gardens" or "natular floors" (just grass without plants). Some people may want to create free space beetwen farming zones but without making bad-looking floors there.

Really, with new zone mechanic this wouldn't be too hard.

LaMizzy

This idea doesn't seem to make or break the game...most like a good to have thingy.
I would say its a mod idea...

TechnologicApe

Quote from: LaMizzy on September 23, 2015, 11:26:10 AM
This idea doesn't seem to make or break the game...most like a good to have thingy.
I would say its a mod idea...

Would someone like to make this mod? I've got no idea how to mod something like this.

Drahkon

Would a 'grass' option for growing zones satisfy? That would be easiest to implement i think. May already have been in some mods.

Loki88

Quote from: Drahkon on September 23, 2015, 11:49:06 PM
Would a 'grass' option for growing zones satisfy? That would be easiest to implement i think. May already have been in some mods.

Vegetable garden mod has plantable grass, vanilla game also has dandelions.

Regret

Quote from: Loki88 on September 24, 2015, 02:52:22 AM
Quote from: Drahkon on September 23, 2015, 11:49:06 PM

Vegetable garden mod has plantable grass, vanilla game also has dandelions.
Yep, dandelions was my first thought as well. Or plant devilstrand, that should cover the ground for an eternity and may actually give a nice reward.

Oga88

I just put a tile of green carpet, looks like grass) try it.

Toggle

If you want a mod for it, sure, in base game, it would be a bit a bit useless with floors.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.