Rimworld Volcanic Winter

Started by johiah, September 21, 2015, 09:57:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johiah

Does anyone else think that the volcanic winter should be a LOT harsher? I mean, like, 8 times harsher? Look below for example of 8 times harsher. the world is up to show you the usual temperatures in this colony...
http://postimg.org/image/s7a2x4a25/
71 degrees colder than normal... I had to use post image.com cus I couldnt find the screenshot folder.
"My best warden has no jaw"

laston

Couldnt see it. Too many ads wanting me to install crap ware.

Too-DAMN-Much

Quote from: laston on September 21, 2015, 10:16:05 PM

adblocker, either use one or don't complain about ads.

[edit] nevermind i fail at reading [/edit]

-71F, that's quite extreme, i doubt most of us on the forum would survive a night like that.

SpaceDrunk

If you play on a really cold icesheet biome, say one where it goes below -100 even when the sky isn't full of ash, then the volcanic winter event can be pretty dire.

johiah

Quote from: Too-DAMN-Much on September 21, 2015, 10:33:35 PM
Quote from: laston on September 21, 2015, 10:16:05 PM

adblocker, either use one or don't complain about ads.

[edit] nevermind i fail at reading [/edit]

-71F, that's quite extreme, i doubt most of us on the forum would survive a night like that.
yeah... my colonists nearly froze to death on the first day, had to build another 10 heaters. yay for batteries. my soil room is too cold to grow plants, I am slowly losing food, and EVERYTHING is off except my heaters and my cook stove. thats it. anything else drains the power too fast. even lamps =P

johiah

Quote from: SpaceDrunk on September 21, 2015, 10:46:49 PM
If you play on a really cold icesheet biome, say one where it goes below -100 even when the sky isn't full of ash, then the volcanic winter event can be pretty dire.
normal or 10 of them? with 10 that would be ridiculous. your pawn would go outside and his lungs would freeze the moment he took a breath.

JimmyAgnt007

in a biome with year round crop weather the ash clouds are a little on the easy side.  also my solar collectors work fine during.  i think ash should gather like snow, and both should block the solar collectors.

johiah

Quote from: JimmyAgnt007 on September 22, 2015, 09:43:55 AM
in a biome with year round crop weather the ash clouds are a little on the easy side.  also my solar collectors work fine during.  i think ash should gather like snow, and both should block the solar collectors.
Yeah I agree with ya. it should moreso make it so that you have 2 months to grow food outside. That saying, if ash did block solar panels, my colony would be dead. I only have 2 wind turbines, and 5 solar panels.

stranger080

Quote from: JimmyAgnt007 on September 22, 2015, 09:43:55 AM
Yeah, I got one and I didn't have a problem, with it, I was on mostly generators though so it didn't affect me too much power wise