My steam play button just became a "preload" button

Started by naxili, October 11, 2015, 06:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

naxili

(for the custom rimworld shortcut I have on steam)

Could this mean something?!!!?!

Coenmcj

Ison is-on other stuff from what we've been told. Ty's on holidays, and unless he's brought in another person sneakily without anyone noticing, it's a touch unlikely that it's a premonition of things to come.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Panzer

Interesting, I too set a shortcut to RimWorld in my steam, didnt notice a preload button or the like.

naxili

Quote from: Panzer on October 12, 2015, 10:40:52 AM
Interesting, I too set a shortcut to RimWorld in my steam, didnt notice a preload button or the like.

I'm willing to bet it was steam client weirdness on my end, but I still felt entitled to making a post about it ^_^

daft73

Not sure about this one. In the years I have had Rimworld, I have never loaded it through Steam, really never saw the need. Right-clicking the Rimworld Exe, send to desktop....always seemed easier. As far as the Steam what the change, most likely Steam wierdness.

JonoRig

Definitely steam weirdness, as loading the shortcut through steam doesn't "register" your game to steam in anyway, so it doesn't know that that game you've called rimworld is actually "rimworld". I've seen a few people use this trick to make it look like they are playing half life 3 for trolling purposes, and I use to do it with company of heroes until I got coh on steam, and the two short cuts were entirely separate.

But who knows, ty was about to release before his holiday, but was persuaded not to, so the game could already be hidden in the depths of the steam servers?

Spectre

Quote from: daft73 on October 14, 2015, 11:03:13 AM
Not sure about this one. In the years I have had Rimworld, I have never loaded it through Steam, really never saw the need. Right-clicking the Rimworld Exe, send to desktop....always seemed easier. As far as the Steam what the change, most likely Steam wierdness.

I only load it through Steam to let my 4 friends that I won't be able to talk because I'm engaging in some Rimworld goodness. Waste of time because they never speak to me anyway.
Holding hands whilst the walls come tumbling down.

TLHeart

yes the game is on steam, as an unstable build opt in. It was tested. Tynan was having headaches with the build times updates, before he decided not to release before taking this sabbatical.

Ison is working on refactoring the code, and I expect that includes the integration with steam.

And the steam workshop plugin is already part of alpha 12.

daft73

Quote from: Spectre on October 14, 2015, 06:46:44 PM
Quote from: daft73 on October 14, 2015, 11:03:13 AM
/snip

I only load it through Steam to let my 4 friends that I won't be able to talk because I'm engaging in some Rimworld goodness. Waste of time because they never speak to me anyway.
hehe, I hear ya. It is good for advertising no doubt.