Development Stopped?

Started by litlbear, September 23, 2015, 02:03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wooaa

He has done a lot of amazing work recently. He deserves a break.

mcal9909

I simply can not fathom how any of you could be against a person taking a vacation after 3 years of solid work..
Do none of you have a job?

TheGentlmen

Quote from: mcal9909 on September 27, 2015, 12:14:15 PM
I simply can not fathom how any of you could be against a person taking a vacation after 3 years of solid work..
Do none of you have a job?
1- Yes I have a job
2- No, I'm not against him taking a break, he deervs it.

Ramsis

Quote from: captiva on September 26, 2015, 07:08:57 AM
I am just voicing my opinion. Don't need a bunch of rude fan boys talking crap. I am disappointed he quit developing the game and did not make this well known on his main page. I have spent 30 dollars on less, but am still disappointed all the same.

This is just my opinion no need to be jackasses about it.

Mind you Captiva they aren't being douchebags per-se, it's just Tynan voiced his break on all major facets including the website, the forums, the Sub-Reddit, and his Twitter. If you weren't aware then I dare say not much research went into the health of the game prior to your purchase, but don't fret friend, the game is healthy and despite the break it's not like the game is going to be dropped. Tynan is on vacation for now, something he hasn't gotten for about three to four years, this is a time for him to refresh and come back better than ever.

Your 30 dollars is far from wasted as not only can you cram through the main assets in the game that Tynan added but you also have the ability to go into our well kept modding sub-board and download mods that, well in some cases, triple or quadruple the amount of content that Tynan has in the Vanilla edition of the game itself.
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

Geroj

Thats it!
We need to sell him to slavers, buy new programmer and upgrade his eyes to bionic

Tynan

Hey I'm on a trip, not dead!

I'm also still around. Just not enough to keep up day to day on the forums.

However Piotr is working fulltime on the game under my ongoing direction. If he works all the way through, the next release may have quite a bit of new stuff in it indeed. Possibly 2x or more the usual man hours in an alpha (though much of it may be non-obvious refactoring work.)

6 months may seem like a long time but it'll be like 15% of the game's dev time by the end of it. Not a big deal in the grand scheme. Moreover the game has more content than was ever promised. The marketing page doesn't even mention animal taming/training at all. So I'm comfortable with what we're offering now.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

juanval

On its current version, rimwolrd has enough stuff to have a great experience playing it. Surgery and medicine, events, fights, crops, hunting... And a big etcetera. I'm triying to finish an aventure in phoebe level 4/5 and I'm having a lot of fun.

Jotun

Given that the only reason I could really be dissatisfied with the game is because it still has a huge amount of potential, I don't really think I could complain if it stopped developing tomorrow.

The game's fun, it's a pretty complete experience, it doesn't feel lacking as much as it feels like it's got a huge potential for expansion, while the two may feel similar, I don't think they're the same thing.

REMworlder

Quote from: Tynan on September 28, 2015, 11:54:56 AM
However Piotr is working fulltime on the game under my ongoing direction. If he works all the way through, the next release may have quite a bit of new stuff in it indeed.

I'm curious what sort of feel the next release will have to it. I'm picturing RimWorld turning into a hyper-realistic tower defense game with lots of quick time event boss battles, to be specific.

GOForce3

However Piotr is working fulltime on the game under my ongoing direction. If he works all the way through, the next release may have quite a bit of new stuff in it indeed. Possibly 2x or more the usual man hours in an alpha (though much of it may be non-obvious refactoring work.)

Any sneak peeks you can share with us?  And maybe a ballpark time frame when the new updated will be released?  It's exciting to see that there will be a major update coming.

StorymasterQ

Nooooooo! No more asking Tynan about stuff! He needs this vacation or he's going to say "Aww I didn't get enough vacation because people keep pestering me in the forums. I'll take a year off this time." and we'll all be kaputz.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

thetj

A little pestering is healthy, shows we miss him.

Jarwy

Hey I'm on a trip, not dead!

I'm also still around. Just not enough to keep up day to day on the forums.

6 months may seem like a long time but it'll be like 15% of the game's dev time by the end of it. Not a big deal in the grand scheme. Moreover the game has more content than was ever promised. The marketing page doesn't even mention animal taming/training at all. So I'm comfortable with what we're offering now.

Take your time. Hell, you pretty exceeded my expectations few major updates ago.

First time I heard of this Piotr. Has he been with you for long? He sounds like someone who would play Planetside 2 on the side... probably on the side of those dirty reds. :P

StorymasterQ

If you look around the forums, Piotr can be found under his username ison. Usually in the context of someone asking for help and Tynan answering something like "ison is on it" which has an added bonus of sounding nice.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

UnityIron

Just to throw my 2p in.

I bought Rimworld on 26 sep and have played it non stop.
Rimworld looks to me to have 10 years of replay value in it, (in its current state).
I'm happy with the price tag, comparable to a visit to the cinema and or a single take away its a bargain.
I'm glad the dev is taking a break, 3 years is a long time to not have a good holiday.
I'm really surprised how stable and bug free the game is, for a small dev project this an incredible accomplishment. Well done and thank you :D