So, when will storytellers get some love?

Started by LoSboccacc, September 23, 2015, 06:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LoSboccacc

Any idea or hint at when the ai controlling the events will be more fleshed out and give an actual sense of being part of a stateful world or even a story?

Currently it's just them trying to duck up my base, throwing enemy at me just matching my strength because that's what goes for balance these days, but I'd like to see more consequences in what we do.

Say,capture a traveller, tribesmen gets mad. They attack and stop only after the captured guy is freed.  If they fail they birbe you and you get to know the captured was someone important. If burning fails they go all out on you and attack with bigger forces, our try to start fires or poison your food at night...  And after the last big attack they are vanquished and may even offer a tribute afterward.

Things like that. Stories. Think of the possibilities!

TLHeart

not any time soon, since the developer is on sabbatical from September 1 for 6 months.

Daman453

"A 60 year old man with brain damage joins the colney"

"A local tribe wants the 60 year old man with brain damage"

YES YES YES
Quote from: StorymasterQ on February 02, 2016, 08:19:52 PM
For flu, try a cock. If that doesn't work, try boobmilk. Nice.

LoSboccacc

ok then. is there a way to at least mod them into some level of statefulness? beyond 'send random thing every x seconds' I mean.

RemingtonRyder

Um, I don't know. I mean, you can add sanity checks to specific incidents, I know that much - see my 'Raid Sanity' mod in this topic - but I haven't even looked at the storyteller AI yet.

pktongrimworld

I don't think Randy is interested in phobe nor cassandra.