Solar Flare should disable mechanoids and MAI.

Started by Bozzarr, September 24, 2015, 03:46:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bozzarr

praguepride

I think disable is a bit harsh but perhaps it could inflict a status effect on them.

MAI might have a reduced influence (say, 50% effective rate) while Mechanoids could be inflicted with mechanoid version of dementia...

While I'm not eager to make the game easier per se, I do like the idea of the player seizing the initiative and I think games where two disasters play off each other (like rival raiders going to war) greatly increase the enjoyment and replayability of the game.

REMworlder

I like this idea a lot for mechanoids! Even affecting advanced prosthetics/bionics could be really cool.

Speaking of affecting bionics:
Solar flares and EMP pulses affect bionics
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=7729.0

Coenmcj

Hinder, yeah, Disable, no.
Would make it a touch too easy.

And as for MAI, that's a mod. :P Wrong section me thinks.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

LouisTBR

Mechanoids, although electrically built, require no power to operate (afawk) therefore a solar flare wouldn't harm them.
Only in RimWorld is the phrase "31 Heavily-Armed Siegers are currently bombing your base" preferable to "50 manhunting squirrels are attacking your colony"

Zeta Omega

Quote from: Louisthebadassrimworlder on September 26, 2015, 06:18:31 PM
Mechanoids, although electrically built, require no power to operate (afawk) therefore a solar flare wouldn't harm them.
Never thought of that..... smart thinking

LouisTBR

Only in RimWorld is the phrase "31 Heavily-Armed Siegers are currently bombing your base" preferable to "50 manhunting squirrels are attacking your colony"

Zeta Omega

But wouldn't it be the same mechanics as a normal EMP though? mechanoids ARE capable of ignoring it and adapting, so maybe something along those lines. Like when it happens some are out cold and others survive it unfazed

BetaSpectre

Mechs have EMP shielding and can adapt. They ought to be disabled for a few hours at most.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO