[Request] Addictive drugs and withdrawal

Started by TheDirge, September 25, 2015, 02:50:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheDirge

I'd like to see a mod where you can buy/grow/produce addictive drugs (with a varying degree of addictiveness) that will have certain effects depending on the drug.

such as a drug that increases happiness immensely but reduces workspeed a little, if the drugs is taken for too long consecutively then the colonist will eventually Need the drug or else suffer health problems and mood loss.

Or a drug that makes colonist stay awake longer without needing to sleep but when they get hooked on it and dont get it all they'll do is sleep.

Or if you've ever seen the movie "limitless" a drug that makes colonists extremely smart and will increase their research immensely but if they get hooked and dont get it they'll be as dumb as bricks

Now i was thinking that this could be combined with the chemical fascination trait and adding specific Chemical fascination traits for various drugs.

The substances could either be produced in a lab where you can grow the materials for it or they can be bought from traders.

I'd really like to see this, im sure it could give rise to some interesting scenarios and stories.

-Dirge

Toggle

I'll attempt something like this with another modder, we'll see what we can do.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

TheDirge

Awesome! cant wait to get my most hated prisoners addicted to smack and then deprive them of it :D
*Evil laugh*

Toggle

Yeah.. Sorry though, it would only achieve half of what you want because I can't use C#.

TheDirge

Well maybe if the concept turns out great, you can find some other people to help develop it.

No more just Joywiring colonists :D

Toggle

And it may not happen because both people working on it, one of which is me, are incredibly lazy... 

rawr161

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=19601.msg213979#msg213979

I'm trying it. If anyone is really good with code I could use a hand. Havent modded since A4
--RAWR--

Toggle

Oh hey, this old thread got necro'd. I never did finish that mod.