anyone else get bored with the late game?

Started by mc858, September 26, 2015, 06:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mc858

topic

kinda boring watching everything run itself on the fast speed....do you guys just quit and restart or keep playing late game?

TheGentlmen

Open dev console, run volcano winter, cold snap, toxic fallout and 5 8000point mech raids...

NuclearStudent

Quote from: TheGentlmen (GENT) on September 26, 2015, 07:01:44 PM
Open dev console, run volcano winter, cold snap, toxic fallout and 5 8000point mech raids...

To anyone who wants to try this, do NOT spawn a raid that the game tells you cannot be spawn. I borked a game I'd been running since a11b by spawning a bunch of mechanoids on siege. Because mechanoids can't siege, even after I killed them all their AU kept looping and lagging the game.

TheGentlmen

Quote from: NuclearStudent on September 26, 2015, 08:12:00 PM
Quote from: TheGentlmen (GENT) on September 26, 2015, 07:01:44 PM

To anyone who wants to try this, do NOT spawn a raid that the game tells you cannot be spawn. I borked a game I'd been running since a11b by spawning a bunch of mechanoids on siege. Because mechanoids can't siege, even after I killed them all their AU kept looping and lagging the game.
Never happened to me... Thier's many times I unnocingly spawned sieghing mechs and the games performed just fine!

Loki88

You could always do what I'm doing in the base design thread and try building random crap to see how it works out. I was surprised at how good things actually turned out.

LaMizzy

start writing wiki...since I started helping with the edit...haven't touch the game for over a week o_O

blaze7736

or start moding can confirm game play time goes down alot

TheGentlmen

Quote from: blaze7736 on September 27, 2015, 05:12:30 AM
or start moding can confirm game play time goes down alot
Dat true... no game that i've been able to finish so far... makes balancing hard, ya know...

Feel sad for the bigger mods, who have lategame stuff... tons of lategame stuff who never ever get to balance them...

mc858

what are some late game mods? i seriously love the first parts of the game but it just gets so damn boring end-game :(

TheGentlmen

Quote from: mc858 on October 19, 2015, 09:57:58 PM
what are some late game mods? i seriously love the first parts of the game but it just gets so damn boring end-game :(
Things like stargate are lategame too me... since I barly ever reach them...

Like it would be all fine and dandy to make it work, but balancing prices would actually require you going and starting a playthro which doesn't fail within 2 weeks.

Edit: Look at HCSK, UOM (if you have a copy) and most likely TheGentlePack when it releases. The early game are semi-balancd (for the most part, looking at you HCSK :) ) but the longer you go in the more it falls apart.

NuclearStudent

Download "Clutter."

I have no idea how many hours I've spend designing stylish living rooms and agonizing over where to place the chairs and tables to make a free-flowing area. It's great!

asanbr

I play vanilla and I often get bored too. Usually go for spaceship if it seems within reach but otherwise I just start over.

I suppose you could increase the difficulty, might make it more interesting.

TLHeart

increasing the difficulty only increases the size of the raids, and lowers the trading prices.

There is no late game in rimworld, there is barely a middle game at present time. Even UOM which is gone did not have a late game, only made the start more difficult so it took longer to get to the middle game, where the colony runs itself.

Hardcore does the same thing, makes the start difficult, adds a bunch of useless supply chains, that are not balanced in any way, and has nothing else to offer...

Mods are not going to solve the mid and late game, as that just does not exist in the core game... Not enough events, interactions with other factions, raids that are actual pirate raids, that are not attempting to kill you, just steal whatever they can.

For me when I reach the point where the colony is running on its own, and all I have to do is click on an envelope every few days, it is a successful colony... And that colony gets to live on in cyberspace, and memory, out on the rim... no ugly space ship launch, no dev tool in destruction, let them live in the rim world far from interference from any storyteller.

In other words, I stop playing that colony, and start a new one... with different mods added in.

mc858

Quote from: TLHeart on October 20, 2015, 02:48:18 PM
increasing the difficulty only increases the size of the raids, and lowers the trading prices.

There is no late game in rimworld, there is barely a middle game at present time. Even UOM which is gone did not have a late game, only made the start more difficult so it took longer to get to the middle game, where the colony runs itself.

Hardcore does the same thing, makes the start difficult, adds a bunch of useless supply chains, that are not balanced in any way, and has nothing else to offer...

Mods are not going to solve the mid and late game, as that just does not exist in the core game... Not enough events, interactions with other factions, raids that are actual pirate raids, that are not attempting to kill you, just steal whatever they can.

For me when I reach the point where the colony is running on its own, and all I have to do is click on an envelope every few days, it is a successful colony... And that colony gets to live on in cyberspace, and memory, out on the rim... no ugly space ship launch, no dev tool in destruction, let them live in the rim world far from interference from any storyteller.

In other words, I stop playing that colony, and start a new one... with different mods added in.

ya i basically do what you do...i quit once everything seems fine and just start a new game. Kinda getting tired of doing that lol- but i have a good rotation between this game, Dwarf Fortress (which i have the same late game prob with TBH), Gnomoria,Prison Architect and Project Zomboid or my PS4. I wish there were more quality games like this - i cant get enough

Listy

Set yourself a long term goal. Raise an army of Rhino's or create legendary large gold sculpture to adorn the entrance way to your colony (think Colossus of Rhodes).