Permission to use music in RimWorld project

Started by Dag, June 17, 2019, 01:06:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dag

I've been doing a RimWorld related cartoon for a few years now, I'd really like to use one of the shorter soundtrack tunes for the last episode.
I feel I have to ask permission because this series deviates so far from just being a fan vid... could I get an OK on this? A yea or nay?
Thanks
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkyZ-ojSIzoudJ9zfkzhY2NMyarGQFt8O
The series, of course, is not monetized.

Limdood

Why on earth would you ask in the forums??

This is something you'd need to send an email or letter to the company in order to get an official answer for.  By asking in the forums, you're just setting yourself up for a hard fall if someone WITHOUT the official power to grant you permission decides to mess around or mistakenly tell you that you have it...then you get Cease & Desisted or sued.

Dag

Because I've gotten unofficial answers from Tynan before- an unofficial answer being one which isn't framed legally. Thanks for your concern, I doubt Ludeon would sue me anyhow.

Dag

this can be locked or deleted, all sorted out now :)

BlackSmokeDMax

You should be able to lock this yourself. Look at the very bottom of the thread. Left side, IIRC.

Bozobub

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on June 28, 2019, 07:46:31 AM
You should be able to lock this yourself. Look at the very bottom of the thread. Left side, IIRC.
Oh, hey, nice, thanks for that; I had no idea you could lock your own threads w/o deleting them.
Thanks, belgord!