Why so expensive?

Started by Oga88, September 27, 2015, 04:46:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magicbush

Quote from: Kalshion on September 28, 2015, 03:29:59 PM
30 isn't that high of a price; in fact I find rather rare to find good games below 40 now-a-days. I typically avoid paying 60 espically if its from certain companies that have lost my trust.

However, whomever pointed out that 30 will keep away CoD 'kids', I would like to remind them that they are making a baseless - and very false - assumption, as there are many here whom I know of that also play CoD and they are in their forties and fifties or even early thirties (such as me) so no this won't discourage us 'kids' from buying Rimworld. Also, insulting a segment of the gamer base demonstrates that you lack the ability to properly argue your point without resorting to baseless insults.

He stated earlier in the thread it was because of mods and not the base game. This thread is pretty repetitive with every post not agreeing saying it's because of regional pricing lol. Do people not read through threads before replying?

Blacksoul

Quote from: Oga88 on September 27, 2015, 04:46:16 AM
Rimworld is too expensive, I bought it cause I can and willing to but 30$ that is too much. I'm from Russia and the game costs 30$ that's 1950 RUB, and when I see a game like Cities Skyline cost 499 RUB that is 7,68$ I have to ask myself why is that? Clearly there is way more man hours in Cities. And on different forums I see a lot of people that just get a pirate copy, so isn't better to just adjust the price a bit so more people would be able to the a good game. And if Cities is a bad example for you, then look at games like Elite: Dangerous 2249 RUB, H1Z1 899 RUB, Rainbow Six Siege 1999 RUB. I love Rimworld but those games that I mentioned are in a different league (not saying that RW is bad, it's just other games are way way more detailed.) And I would love to know why is it so expensive? I don't thank that Rimworld will ever be a AAA game, but it is a good game right now. Just my thoughts.

P.S. sorry for grammar mistakes english is not my native language.

The game is to expensive for you? Don't buy ist. Look on Matrix Games or Battlefront.com where the games expensive too but I love good RTS simulations and good TBS games then I have the Money I spent this to this devs like Tynan and co. Why you are cry here? The Price is the price!

Sebateod

I am by your side this game is to expensive...

Coenmcj

I was brought from the depths of my lurking to say that is one hell of a Necro.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Bozobub

If you think ANYTHING is too expensive...

...Don't buy it.

Problem solved!  That's how capitalism (small "c") works.  Why are your feelings so involved in that metric?
Thanks, belgord!

Shurp

Quote from: Coenmcj on June 26, 2019, 02:10:34 PM
I was brought from the depths of my lurking to say that is one hell of a Necro.

Agreed, this is crazy necro.  I'm guessing Sebateod is some sort of bot.  I've seen this sort of thing before -- a new user, only one post, responding to a post several years old... although admittedly I've never seen a response to a post almost four years old.

The only thing I can't figure out is what the bot is achieving.  I don't see any malware links in the post...

Anyway, can we get a mod to lock or nuke this thread?
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Limdood

technically it's a relevant post. 

The forum rules encourage you to search for existing threads covering the topic you want to post about rather than make new threads - so necro-ing a super old thread about a topic, then posting in tacit support of that topic....is exactly following forum guidelines.

It's more likely a frustrated kid who saw the game on youtube or talked up by a friend and looked into buying it, thinking it was a 2, 5, or $10 game, then gets upset when a quality game actually asks for a fair price. 

I disagree completely with the sentiment that the game is too expensive, but the poster has every right and reason to post in a thread with relevant subject matter. The thread will remain relevant to those people who are frustrated by the price, and those who continue to want to defend the price point have a whole plethora of pages to refer back to and quote, and those who don't can let the complainers whine in their echo chamber.

Canute

I agree with Limdood,
even on an old thread it is still relevant i think.
And don't forget for a new user any topic is "new" :-)

But i can understood the poster too. If you don't know the game and just see the screenshots i just would think twice before i would buy the game.
But all (or most) buyer know about the potenzial of this game and how much more enjoyable playtime you got compared to highprized AAA titles.

Kirby23590

Was this post sleeping until someone woke it up and used the dark arts of necroposting?

I wonder who's that muffalo who did it, eh? :P

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Bozobub

Quote from: Canute on June 28, 2019, 02:32:03 AM
I agree with Limdood,
even on an old thread it is still relevant i think.
And don't forget for a new user any topic is "new" :-)

But i can understood the poster too. If you don't know the game and just see the screenshots i just would think twice before i would buy the game.
But all (or most) buyer know about the potenzial of this game and how much more enjoyable playtime you got compared to highprized AAA titles.
Most buyers *should* know, yes.  Been on the Steam forums lately ::)..?
Thanks, belgord!