Medicine Priority

Started by cuproPanda, September 16, 2015, 01:26:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cuproPanda

I'm tired of hunting down every colonist that was injured during a prison riot so I can limit them to herbal/no medicine, thereby not wasting my good medicine on healing bruises and scratches. In earlier versions I'd have to forbid my medicine to prevent it from being used, which may or may not be stored intelligently.

I'd like to see something similar to the outfits menu, where players can manually select what injuries -or injury severity types- they'd like the medicine used on. Want to have bruises healed with no meds or herbal, cuts/scratches healed with herbal, and stabs/gunshots healed with the best meds? All you'd need to do is define it. Maybe some colonists get better treatment based on their value to the player or whether they can feel/enjoy pain. Of course, the default setting would likely be glitterworld for all, since the game starts with medicine, not herbal medicine.

What does everyone think? This could be done with a mod, but I think it's something that belongs in the base game.
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

whoishigh

I'd really like this feature! Especially if the medicine tab lets me set the same medicine priorities for prisoners and guests. No more worrying about getting to them before the doctor treats them with nothing!

Drahkon

Not sure how it currently selects it, to me the easiest way for the game to handle it would be to use: the lowest quality meds available that results in a 100% chance of favorable treatment. Then just a quick menu for each group (guest/prisoner/colonist) for best meds allowed. Even a per pawn override could be optional then IMO.

cultist

I could be wrong about this, but it seems to me that in A12, the type of medicine used is only relevant in relation to the doctor's Medicine skill. Medicine gives a boost to treatment quality, but a very high level doctor will always get 100% or higher treatment quality by using herbal meds, and since there is only two types of treatment quality, poor and good, you don't need real medicine if you have an amazing doctor.

In other words, medicine is just a crutch you can use if you don't have a proper doctor. Glitterworld medicine really seems to serve no purpose now, unless you need to operate very early on with a very crappy doctor in a very diry room or something. In which case you probably don't have it anyway. I still use it for surgeries because there's no real indication of what's going on, and I remember how wonky surgery was when it was first introduced.

LaMizzy

It's not that hard actually...

I assume you have all medicine stockpiled in one area...just go to that stockpile, double click on all the meds you don't want doctors to use and toggle "Forbidden" and done.
When you got an injury that needs medicine, just pause the game and click on any of the med type you want and set 1 to "Not Forbidden" and quickly refresh your doctor's treat task...it will immediately go pick up the med and use it.
Once done, "Forbidden" the med again

cuproPanda

Quote from: LaMizzy on September 21, 2015, 02:49:10 AM
It's not that hard actually...

I assume you have all medicine stockpiled in one area...just go to that stockpile, double click on all the meds you don't want doctors to use and toggle "Forbidden" and done.
When you got an injury that needs medicine, just pause the game and click on any of the med type you want and set 1 to "Not Forbidden" and quickly refresh your doctor's treat task...it will immediately go pick up the med and use it.
Once done, "Forbidden" the med again
That's what I do, but then if I forget, or if I have a large raid and I send people back as needed, my focus is on combat, not my stockpiles. It can become a hassle for forgetful players like me  :-\
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

SpaceDrunk

A very simple thing I would like is that if you shift+clicked on a particular medicine in the priority settings, it set that for every colonist, which would be handy for getting them all off the glitterworld setting at the same time, and then you could change individual colonists as you see fit.

Porthos_1980

I agree, I just logged on to make the same suggestion but decided to do a search 1st to see if there was already a post about it.

I would like to be able to toggle off medicine for bruises and scratches yet keep it toggled on for more serious injuries.

LouisTBR

I have literally just made a thread on this a couple of hours ago. Please consider forum rule no.9. 
QuoteFind existing discussions: Before creating a new topic, please invest some time into looking if it hasn't been discussed already. Use the search function.
Only in RimWorld is the phrase "31 Heavily-Armed Siegers are currently bombing your base" preferable to "50 manhunting squirrels are attacking your colony"

LaMizzy

I'm so lost Louis...your post of "Injury-Determined Medicine System" is created today.
This post was created back in Sept 16.

So what of the forum rule 9?? Don't see it applicable to OP here...

LouisTBR

Ok, sorry, I thought this post was made today. I should've taken more notice. Sorry.
Only in RimWorld is the phrase "31 Heavily-Armed Siegers are currently bombing your base" preferable to "50 manhunting squirrels are attacking your colony"