Sports

Started by LouisTBR, September 27, 2015, 01:17:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LouisTBR

Hi, just a quick suggestion. Here are a few new joy objects centred around sports which would be a cool feature in the game:

Football - Not American Football, Football. Soccer, basically. You can build a football pitch (6x6) on any terrain, and white pitch markings, goals and a ball will spawn. The sprite is a whole, so the ball doesn't actually move, like the billiards table. Can be played by up to 4 colonists at a time.

Rugby - Same as football, a rugby pitch (6x6) can be placed on any terrain and consists of two rugby posts (They look like the letter 'H'), pitch markings and a rugby ball. Can be played by up to 4 colonists at a time.

Table Football - Football, but a two player, indoor, 1x2 table on which plastic players can be spun to kick a ball.

Swingball - A game consisting of a pole with a tennis ball attached to it with string. A two player game, improves shooting skill. (1x1)

Rifle Range - Colonists bring their bullet-firing guns (not incendiary, melee or throwable) to fire at a target. The target itself is 1x1. It is a less joyful alternative to the horseshoe pin, but gives the regular amount of skill points for that weapon per bullet.

Anything else? Post below...
Only in RimWorld is the phrase "31 Heavily-Armed Siegers are currently bombing your base" preferable to "50 manhunting squirrels are attacking your colony"

jamesinar

Having done both the rifle range should provide more joy than the horseshoe pin.

LouisTBR

I agree, but that would make a certain end to the horseshoe pin as the target doesn't use much resources. I think each item should extend its usage beyond 2 alphas. And, the shooting range gives much better skill point increase than the horseshoe pin, so the joy needs to be balanced. For game purposes, I think it is better like it is.
Only in RimWorld is the phrase "31 Heavily-Armed Siegers are currently bombing your base" preferable to "50 manhunting squirrels are attacking your colony"

jamesinar

You would have inherent danger with the shooting range. After all colonists don't care if they cross the line of fire or if someone walks in front of them while they shoot. Horseshoes are safe.

LouisTBR

Yeah, I think Tynan needs to rework that, too. When I have a herd of elephants to hunt, I hate it when my colonists walk in front of each other to get their kill, not caring for the bullets coming at them.