Changing order of colonists in work menu?

Started by CrayolaCrayon, October 15, 2015, 05:20:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrayolaCrayon

As the title says is there a way to change the order of the colonists in the work menu so I can manage them easier? I'd really like to group them better because some of them I use change jobs/priories often.

TLHeart

not in the vanilla game.

EdB interface offers squads, where you could create the groups of colonist you need.

CrayolaCrayon

I looked a that mod and it doesn't seem to do what I want. I pretty much just want to be able to drag the names in the list so I can have people that have the same primary jobs grouped together. I even looked to see if I could change the order they are in from the save file but I couldn't find anything that had to do with what I want to do.

I guess I'm just kind of OCD :/, the more people I get the harder it is going to be for me to keep track of it.

Fluffy (l2032)

I have the Enhanced Tabs mod that allows sorting by skill for a job, still not manually sorting - but it's a start. Link should be in my sig.

GenuineEntropy

Quote from: CrayolaCrayon on October 15, 2015, 11:48:41 PM
...I guess I'm just kind of OCD :/, the more people I get the harder it is going to be for me to keep track of it.

I don' think you are, I'd love to be able to manually re-order the work list and group colonists with similar tasks too.

Loki88

Quote from: GenuineEntropy on October 16, 2015, 08:50:05 AM
Quote from: CrayolaCrayon on October 15, 2015, 11:48:41 PM
...I guess I'm just kind of OCD :/, the more people I get the harder it is going to be for me to keep track of it.

I don' think you are, I'd love to be able to manually re-order the work list and group colonists with similar tasks too.

Seconded!

TLHeart

Between EdB and the enhanced mods I do exactly what you are trying to do... Like I said create squads for the groups you want, quick and easy to change between them, and can sort within the squads with the enhanced.

Sure you can not see the entire list when looking at the squad list, but who needs all that extra info in the way, when managing a sub sect of the colony?

CrayolaCrayon

CrayolaCrayon

It does work! While it doesn't do exactly what I want to do it's close enough to alleviate most of the headaches I was starting to experience as my base grew.

Thank you everyone.

SubZeroBricks

I think you can put people in cryo and it changes the order
"The only time you have too much fuel on board is when you are on fire."

xlockeed

Quote from: SubZeroBricks on October 17, 2015, 08:23:40 PM
I think you can put people in cryo and it changes the order

Just tried that and it doesn't effect the list.
Each year of thy life is the foundation for the next. The man who squanders his youth needs must build his life on a foundation of mud, and then wilt it collapse.

CrayolaCrayon

Eureka!

Make a squad with everyone in it then add them to the squad in the order you want them to show up on the work menu.