Compatibility with the growing excitement of a new update

Started by Ender, January 13, 2014, 10:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ender

Do we as of yet know of the compatibility, seeing as it seems as though alot will be changed and added. Just wondering what, if any of our saves will carry-over, that will be all.
The voices in my head tell me to burn colonists....

Untrustedlife

Quote from: Ender on January 13, 2014, 10:18:31 PM
Do we as of yet know of the compatibility, seeing as it seems as though alot will be changed and added. Just wondering what, if any of our saves will carry-over, that will be all.

Saves will definitely not carry over. So much stuff has been added its ridiculous.
also the resource system has completely changed.  I mean completely.
So dwarf fortress in space eh?
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK

Plasmatic

Quote from: Untrustedlife on January 13, 2014, 10:29:01 PM
Quote from: Ender on January 13, 2014, 10:18:31 PM

Saves will definitely not carry over. So much stuff has been added its ridiculous.
also the resource system has completely changed.  I mean completely.

I take it current mods will also not carry over? but seeing as the modding system is being put in place, I assume that won't be a problem :)

Semmy

The modding system is being put in place at the moment but isn't done yet. Tynan is working hard on the game.

As for savegame compatibility. You could take your old savegame and it might even work. But it will carry over bugs and incorrect information.
It is always adviced to start a new game with a new version.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

Galileus

With save's XML type, it shouldn't be too hard to convert your save. You may loose some resources, but otherwise should be possiblé.

Untrustedlife

Quote from: Galileus on January 14, 2014, 08:38:04 AM
With save's XML type, it shouldn't be too hard to convert your save. You may loose some resources, but otherwise should be possiblé.

really?
That is handy.
whats with the é
you have a special keyboard?
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK

Galileus

Quote from: Untrustedlife on January 14, 2014, 10:16:36 AMwhats with the é

É is a fancy way of typing e :P And possiblé is a terriblé, terriblé thing to write :P

Untrustedlife

Quote from: Galileus on January 14, 2014, 10:36:13 AM
Quote from: Untrustedlife on January 14, 2014, 10:16:36 AMwhats with the é

É is a fancy way of typing e :P And possiblé is a terriblé, terriblé thing to write :P
é is an e with an accent mark.
Uséd in spanish..
and woah.. it looks wéird whén you typé with thésé things.
:P
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

LINK

Tynan

Savegames won't work any more. You could in principle modify one, but it would be very, very hard. Especially for this update. Sorry - the game changes to much between releases that I'm really not trying to maintain save compatibility. It doesn't even make sense; it's not the same game any more.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Galileus

I'll believe when I see it ;) Worst case scenario, I won't tell anyone that I tried :P

Semmy

Quote from: Galileus on January 14, 2014, 02:05:03 PM
I'll believe when I see it ;) Worst case scenario, I won't tell anyone that I tried :P

Ah but we all know now that you will so no need to tell anybody (-;
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

Ender

Quote from: Tynan on January 14, 2014, 01:49:00 PM

Savegames won't work any more. You could in principle modify one, but it would be very, very hard. Especially for this update. Sorry - the game changes to much between releases that I'm really not trying to maintain save compatibility. It doesn't even make sense; it's not the same game any more.
alright thats completely fine with me I just wanted a solid word for a yes or no since im sure i wasn't the only one wanting to know for sure.
The voices in my head tell me to burn colonists....

ItchyFlea

Quote from: Tynan on January 14, 2014, 01:49:00 PM
Now I'm not looking forward to making my scenarios compatible. But I love a challenge, so....  :)
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created