Binging Lasting about 3 seconds

Started by Alitaria, September 28, 2015, 07:32:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alitaria

So quite a number of times now 2 of my colonists, (it only seems to happen with these 2) have gone on alcohol binges lasting about 3-5 seconds each. It isn't even enough time for them to grab a beer. They get halfway and decide against it but they still get the Catharsis mood buff

I am confuse but not exactly complaining, free +15 mood :/
Context is key when discussing RimWorld in public

cultist

There is some weird behavior with binges. I've seen colonists start a binge, drink ONE beer, then straight off to bed, binge ends. Don't party too hard there, guy.

It's possible that the duration of the binge is randomzied, and you may end up actually getting a positive result if they stop before it gets out of hand.

Coenmcj

So it's only happening with two colonists, and the rest all binge as normal? That's an odd one.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

milon

Does it still happen?  Are you running any mods?

FridayBiology

"Man this place sucks, i need a drink"
*walk a short way and stops for a moment before coming back with a grin*
"never mind, just remembered the last time in got hammered on Earth"
*fellow colonist nods head*
"good times"
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

Alitaria

Quote from: milon on October 05, 2015, 01:24:24 PM
Does it still happen?  Are you running any mods?

I have EDB's Prepare Carefully sitting there deactivated
Yes, it is still happening from time to time. These two seem to be the only two that go on binges but because of how slowly the colony produces alcohol it very rarely happens
Context is key when discussing RimWorld in public

ison

Tynan

I'll say it's a bug.

They should end the binge if they sleep, no matter what, but if they're awake there should be some reasonable minimum time.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

ison

It's weird, binging's min duration is set to 6000 which is 100 real seconds on normal speed. This should be enough for the pawn to drink at least one beer.

//edit: ok, I can't find the reason why this could happen. If anyone gets a pawn with binging mental state lasting less than 100 real seconds on a normal speed please report it, best with a savefile attached