Military Aid

Started by Alitaria, September 28, 2015, 09:23:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alitaria

Is it just me or are the groups that allies send after you call for help just pathetic?
I was halfway through fighting off some tribals when a mechaniod party landed nearby so I called an allied Outlander town for help.
They sent 3 people....with shivs...
Like...It would have been more help if they didn't come at all because they died too damn quickly.
Even after spamming the send help button and burning through around 10k Silver, the best weapon any of the little groups that came was a little PDW :/
Context is key when discussing RimWorld in public

TLHeart

somebody actually used that option. Yea it is useless.

A Friend

I have the hospitality mod + a mod that increases the number of factions tenfold.
When a pretty hard raid happens, sometimes I go "Oh yeah? well fuck you, go fight 20 tribals, 10 outlanders, 8 angry vikings and 12 medieval knights on your tiny little siege camp."

Suggestion for vanilla game. Have options for allies to:
- Temporarily borrow your weapons.
- Stay at the base or charge the enemy.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

BetaSpectre

They're useful if you spam the give gift, and send cannon fodder buttons.
They're like 1K silver for each merc more or less. A minor distraction that's not worth the time.

And with my strats its better for the force to be focused on balling up so I can blow them up.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Mrshilka

I agree the numbers they send to "help" you are pathetic.

Wow you guys have treated us great always traded with us and looked after our people when sick or hurt!, and you're under attack by 200+ pirates!! OMG we gonna send 3 naked unarmed medically crippled people that you have not healed for us already!!!!111.

What's that? our idiots ran into your sentry guns and got shot by them before the pirates could kill them? well FU then we are sending a raid of 200+.

Wex

It's still broken? I haven't used that option since alpha 7. It's really the most useless waste of your silver.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison