Where's Ultimate Overhaul Modpack?

Started by LegendZero88, September 30, 2015, 03:52:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skullywag

No, we asked NF to do a couple of very small itty bitty things and he refused. Itchyflea even went as far as to say its fine to keep his own donate button but could he get one as well. Instead of complying he deleted the modpack after removing Itchys mods. No one else bar ninefingers is at fault here. We have been very civil and very adult about this.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Ramsis

Quote from: Mrshilka on September 30, 2015, 09:57:11 AM
All Nine got was crap from people for doing the mod pack, all that work he did people complaining and moaned about everything.
The work required to balance what 60+ mods so they work together with some semblance of balance and with an overarching theme and curve was insane yet so many vocal people here poo poo's it because they are "creators" and all Nine did was "throw" the mods together.

Especially from a few select people here.
Now a few second class efforts are all that remain and they will be dancing about it being some of the most active haters.

I bent over backwards to keep Nine happy when it got to the great game of giving credit and doing the right thing. I kept him from abandoning the forum the first time because people were pissed that he wasn't doing an adequate job of giving credit and it actually lead to a whole new rule requiring such because of his attitude. I hope he decides after a night of sleep to stay but his decisions are his own and as such it's out of my hands.

Also let the record show that the Mod team will not support any open harassment of modders or Itchy for defending his rights as a modder. Any harassment will be met with swift and stern responses from the Moderation staff including but not limited to day or week bans depending on severity.
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

ORC_Gaming

This kinda thing happens quite often I take it?

TLHeart

I saw no problem with Itchy's stance, put up donation links or remove his mods... Itchy even offered to help with the coding to do it, but Nine refused his help.

So now nine has taken his mod pack away from everyone. Very childish reaction.

Oh well, another one bites the dust. It was getting bloated, and having major lag issues any way.

Goo Poni

Quote from: ORC_Gaming on September 30, 2015, 10:52:24 AM

Generally no, I've been watching the forums since A9 and I've never seen this sort of thing billow to the surface. But Nine has been going about this for the past, what, couple months in a rather immature fashion. First skyark comes in with poor english fresh from the likes of european WoT, or DotA or LoL, accusing Nine of texture theft. Nine's response was to trot off and make their own twobit free site to host the modpack. That required the intervention of Tynan before it was resolved and it resulted in a new rule being installed in the mod forums to try and keep it from happening again. Then there was the debacle with Combat Realism. And apparently now there was Itchy making the request that donation buttons be added for their mods or otherwise remove the mods. Ninefinger removed the mods and then the whole thread, the github host and his site. I mean, really? It's all quite pathetic and childish, but I'm sure someone else will come along and fill the void by taking Superior Crafting and iterating on it again. If not, there is still skyark's pack. Abrexxus also supposedly has a Superior Crafting 2.0 in the works so people can leech off that when it comes around.

ORC_Gaming

Well if you don't follow the rules you have to be held responsible and I appreciate what Ninefingers did for the community but these creators, I am going to say creators instead of modders because they are too big to be mods anymore, are very talented and highly likely to get flak for this which they don't deserve. They asked to be properly credited and in response got people slagging them off for asking to be promoted. I still want to hear ninefingers reason though. And I think we shouldn't point the blame at anyone yet. Or ever.

And Skullywag, that's twice now. Thank you.

ORC_Gaming

Well If a language isn't someone's strong suit I see no reason to hold it against them.

Cornuthaum

Sad to see it gone, though I'm happy that I pulled an allround update for a new colony yesterday just before going to bed. Coming back from work and seeing it all gone was a bit of a bummer :(

Gralad

with mods and modpacks in general? yes ive seen this kind of drama so far in every game that had mods and then ppl making modpacks.

ORC_Gaming

Quote from: Gralad on September 30, 2015, 12:30:05 PM

with mods and modpacks in general? yes ive seen this kind of drama so far in every game that had mods and then ppl making modpacks.

I don't notice this as much in other games but maybe since mods might not be as big a part of them as in here though might be why

Ramsis

Quote from: Goo Poni on September 30, 2015, 11:06:42 AM

Generally no, I've been watching the forums since A9 and I've never seen this sort of thing billow to the surface. But Nine has been going about this for the past, what, couple months in a rather immature fashion. First skyark comes in with poor english fresh from the likes of european WoT, or DotA or LoL, accusing Nine of texture theft. Nine's response was to trot off and make their own twobit free site to host the modpack. That required the intervention of Tynan before it was resolved and it resulted in a new rule being installed in the mod forums to try and keep it from happening again. Then there was the debacle with Combat Realism. And apparently now there was Itchy making the request that donation buttons be added for their mods or otherwise remove the mods. Ninefinger removed the mods and then the whole thread, the github host and his site. I mean, really? It's all quite pathetic and childish, but I'm sure someone else will come along and fill the void by taking Superior Crafting and iterating on it again. If not, there is still skyark's pack. Abrexxus also supposedly has a Superior Crafting 2.0 in the works so people can leech off that when it comes around.

Hey Goo hate to be that asshole but drop the critique on someone else's ability to speak perfect English. While the majority of our community is English speaking it's nobody's place to judge someone else just because they have problems using it. I for one know that Sky is Russian, meaning it's a secondary/third language and as such his words might be a dash jumbled. Same time, that doesn't mean you have any right stabbing at him :P
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

Goo Poni

Quote from: Ramsis on September 30, 2015, 01:10:26 PM
Quote from: Goo Poni on September 30, 2015, 11:06:42 AM

Hey Goo hate to be that asshole but drop the critique on someone else's ability to speak perfect English. While the majority of our community is English speaking it's nobody's place to judge someone else just because they have problems using it. I for one know that Sky is Russian, meaning it's a secondary/third language and as such his words might be a dash jumbled. Same time, that doesn't mean you have any right stabbing at him :P

I know Sky is foreign, I kinda figured that by reading the hardcore sk thread a bit. But their ranting in the UOM thread and then the texture artist they hired or whatever coming in and using equally poor english just reminds me far too much of a couple years spent playing WoT with "noob unfar plane uninstal and play tetris noob gold spamr". It made their flaming that much worse when it didn't flow like good english. It doesn't come across as raising a complaint, it comes across as hastily written sperg, like much of the flaming of online gaming tends to be. Ain't nobody got time to write properly when they're dead, spectating and backseat gaming. Mneh. I've tired of the ongoing shitstorm that has been Ninefinger's UOM as of late. It's showing through. Will try to cull the offhand remarks.

Coenmcj

What a terrible series of events. You guys did kind of give him more than enough warning though...
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Owlchemist

I want to play Rimworld, but honestly I'm kinda clueless on how to without this mod. Vanilla is just too lacking in content and depth after having experienced a modpack, to go back. There's the hardcore SK pack, but I had a number of deal breaker issues with it.

Which just leaves the last option of having dozens of stand-alone mods. But I can't really imagine this working well. They need to balanced towards one another, and coordinate with one another as far as progression goes, especially if they share common, modded resources. A modpack seems mandatory for a big modding scene to thrive, and if I'm wrong about that, then by all means let me know how you guys do it.

I'm afraid Nine was only paying attention to the negativity. From what I recall, there were compliments all around in that thread. It's not like it was totally unappreciated. As the saying goes, the squeaky wheel is the loudest :\