[A12] TheGentlePack (UOP REBOOTED)

Started by TheGentlmen, September 30, 2015, 10:03:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLHeart

Quote from: deadlydullahan on November 09, 2015, 10:20:45 PM
what are the differences between this modpack and the modvarietypack? the content for both seemed vaguely described so just want to know what content there is between these :P

Edit: I know both are being worked on and having more added over time, just curious to know which to go with for the time being :)

obvious one is the modvariety pack is playable.

As gentz say, his bugs will kill you.

Yawinsum

I am having trouble getting the Gentz pack to work.  I put all the mods in the mods folder, then ran the .bat file.  I don't know what CCL is.  When I try to run the game it says the mods are for a different version of the game or corrupted and they get automatically disabled.  Also I read that I should overwrite anything but I'm starting with a fresh install of the game.  Am I supposed to have the old UOP first?

BiggyLew

Yeah I spent an hour or so trying to get this pack to work and couldn't get anything going.

Had exactly the same issue as you.

TheGentlmen

Using the mystical search function and searching for CCL would after a little scrolling get you the ccl fourm post...

Huh... have people really become this lazy?

Anyways:
TGP IS POWERED BY:
CCL

(PIC IS LINK... duh...)

TLHeart

Community Core Library is required, and downloaded from the CCL link.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=16599.0

Makropony

MY EYES
Seriously, why do people on this forums suck so bad at creating a post that is simple, informative, and isn't obnoxious?

TheGentlmen

Quote from: Makropony on November 23, 2015, 07:29:53 AM
MY EYES
Seriously, why do people on this forums suck so bad at creating a post that is simple, informative, and isn't obnoxious?

Love the color scheme? I plan to make EVERYTHING using it.... Your eyes will be safe with me!

Brofius

I disabled the crash landing mod and played a few hours only to realize that doing so broke the smooth walls mod (the button never shows up after researching stonecutting).  Enabling crash landing fixes the missing button but then all this free stuff falls from the sky and quadruples my wealth.  No thanks, I'll keep playing with it disabled but who knows what else is borked.

It would be nice if crash landing was optional. Thanks for your hard work!
The hardest thing in this world is to live in it.

TheGentlmen

Quote from: Brofius on November 24, 2015, 04:22:07 PM
I disabled the crash landing mod and played a few hours only to realize that doing so broke the smooth walls mod (the button never shows up after researching stonecutting).  Enabling crash landing fixes the missing button but then all this free stuff falls from the sky and quadruples my wealth.  No thanks, I'll keep playing with it disabled but who knows what else is borked.

It would be nice if crash landing was optional. Thanks for your hard work!

Odd. Are you aware of what version your using?

Edit: Also could you check to see ya have the latest CCL?
And upload the outlog when CL is removed.
And after removing CL from ingame could you please run the GetModconfig.bat and upload the Modconfig.xml file?

Tested on latest Feature Branch, worked fine after removing CL.

Try updating CCL and removing CL from the in-game menu, not tho the modconfig bat stuff.

If that doesn't work, try grabbing off the latest commit on the feture branch. I don't think it will help you since I haven't touched CL or Smothwalls, but maybe.

If that doesn't work, use the 'grabmodconfig.bat' and them upload the 'modconfig.xml' under 'mods\'. Then upload the outlog (not a screenshot of it).

Ps: Photo of me getting it to work with no CL:

Brofius

I'm using CCL v0.12.4 and your semi-stable V1.1_A12. If disabling CL worked fine for you then I must have screwed up something on my end, i'll re-download everything and try on a clean install. TY

EDIT:  Re-installing fixed my issue.  I just saw the line in your main post in angry colors which said "ANY/ALL ISSUE YOUR GETTING IS DUE TO A FAULTY INSTALL."   

I'm enjoying ze pak
The hardest thing in this world is to live in it.

TheGentlmen

Quote from: Brofius on November 25, 2015, 02:32:00 AM
I'm using CCL v0.12.4 and your semi-stable V1.1_A12. If disabling CL worked fine for you then I must have screwed up something on my end, i'll re-download everything and try on a clean install. TY

EDIT:  Re-installing fixed my issue.  I just saw the line in your main post in angry colors which said "ANY/ALL ISSUE YOUR GETTING IS DUE TO A FAULTY INSTALL."   

I'm enjoying ze pak

Heh... well enjoy!

FX2K

MY EYES

I couldn't agree more. 
Sorry "TheGentlmen (GENTZ /'jen(t)z/)" but it's well... see for yourself.
I guess most use the default theme though, but even then, why so large.

I know.. I know.. .if I don't like it... blah blah.. but just trying to point out that it really doesn't need to be so 90's :)

TheGentlmen

Quote from: FX2K on November 29, 2015, 10:35:24 AM
MY EYES

I couldn't agree more. 
Sorry "TheGentlmen (GENTZ /'jen(t)z/)" but it's well... see for yourself.
I guess most use the default theme though, but even then, why so large.
>>I've shrunken it down. Ps: I didn't know their was other themes o_0

I know.. I know.. .if I don't like it... blah blah.. but just trying to point out that it really doesn't need to be so 90's :)
>>But the 90's were cool-ish!
[img]http://i.imgur.com/mE9QbrT.png[ /img]

Fluffy (l2032)

Just for the record, you're using an outdated version of quick start that spews out more debug messages than it should. (works perfectly fine tho).

TheGentlmen

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on November 30, 2015, 04:22:41 AM
Just for the record, you're using an outdated version of quick start that spews out more debug messages than it should. (works perfectly fine tho).
Ty.
Edit: Seems like I got the latest on the feature branch.