Alpha 13

Started by TuniBoy, September 30, 2015, 11:51:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TuniBoy

What coming next in the Alpha 13 can someone give me a little information something like new stuff

JimmyAgnt007

Quote from: Tynan on September 28, 2015, 11:54:56 AM
Piotr is working fulltime on the game under my ongoing direction. If he works all the way through, the next release may have quite a bit of new stuff in it indeed. Possibly 2x or more the usual man hours in an alpha (though much of it may be non-obvious refactoring work.)

Since there is nothing in the changelog the only info we have is this.  Anything else is speculation.  Also dont expect it anytime soon.  Tynan did say the days would be something like twice as long.  There is already a thread about speculation.

StorymasterQ

Speaking of Piotr, you 'll see him in the forums under the handle ison.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Fishirboy

The guy got on my post about the speed of the game. https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=16161.msg172569#msg172569

Quote from: Tynan on September 18, 2015, 09:49:42 AM
We're actually already doubling the day length (ticks per day) for the next alpha.

He said that there doubling the tick timer. So that sounds good.

TheSilencedScream

All that being said, of course, it'll likely be quite some time until we see the new alpha, given that Tynan's taking a break for a while.
Quote from: Topper on August 31, 2015, 03:33:25 AM
is the sledgehammer compatible with the romance mod?
Only in Rimworld.

FridayBiology

animal diseases is a hopeful along with an additional joy item.
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

LouisTBR

As a public tester, I and my fellow testers get lots of info when Alphas begin developement. We cannot share any info on the next build, though.
Only in RimWorld is the phrase "31 Heavily-Armed Siegers are currently bombing your base" preferable to "50 manhunting squirrels are attacking your colony"

Mikhail Reign

Quote from: Louisthebadassrimworlder on October 03, 2015, 10:35:28 AM
As a public tester, I and my fellow testers get lots of info when Alphas begin developement. We cannot share any info on the next build, though.

Seriously - what was the point of that? "I know stuff before you, but I cant tell you"... seems a bit 'nyah nyah na nyah nyah' to me...

LouisTBR

The point is, no offence here, to keep the players for the game in suspense, thus increasing the amount of time spent around the game waiting for the next alpha. If players were told immediately what was coming, there would be no surprises. It also encourages playtesting, as many people will be willing to play a new alpha about a month before release if it tells them what is coming up.
Only in RimWorld is the phrase "31 Heavily-Armed Siegers are currently bombing your base" preferable to "50 manhunting squirrels are attacking your colony"

Shadou

Translation: Yes, we know what's coming. No, we can't tell you. But we don't want you to go away, so we'll tell you there's something on the way so you'll keep checking back and giving us ad revenue for the next month until we actually release something.

A Friend

Because hype

Though my guesses are probably some additions to animal taming, probably some new events, and colonist relations/friend systems. (:3)
Oh and somebody said that the daytimes would be doubled.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

TLHeart

Quote from: A Friend on October 05, 2015, 07:29:41 AM
Because hype

Though my guesses are probably some additions to animal taming, probably some new events, and colonist relations/friend systems. (:3)
Oh and somebody said that the daytimes would be doubled.

No daytimes are not being doubled, length of day is being doubled, from 30,000 ticks to 60,000 ticks...the entire day, both daylight and  night.

Grax

If there's a WHOLE PLANET generation before the game, maybe there'd be a choice of orbit/axis inclination, so length of day would vary with latitude?

TLHeart

Quote from: Grax on October 05, 2015, 10:00:13 AM
If there's a WHOLE PLANET generation before the game, maybe there'd be a choice of orbit/axis inclination, so length of day would vary with latitude?

length of day does vary with latitude, and so does the brightness of the sun.

milon

Quote from: Shadou on October 05, 2015, 05:43:54 AM
Translation: Yes, we know what's coming. No, we can't tell you. But we don't want you to go away, so we'll tell you there's something on the way so you'll keep checking back and giving us ad revenue for the next month until we actually release something.

A couple responses to that:
1. Ad Revenue?  There aren't any ads on the forum.  You need to check your PC for spyware etc.
2. The main dev Tynan started a 6ish month vacation this past September.  A release even of a test build is unlikely in the Extreme until he's back again.
3. There has been virtually no activity in the (hidden) public test forum since Tynan went on vacation, so Louis is mostly teasing.  Mostly. ;)