[WIP] Mech Advancement mod (on hold) NEED HELP

Started by Crashy, May 13, 2015, 01:12:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crashy

Ok well I have REALLY wanting to do a mod about the mechs. This mod will add new weapens, mechs, armor, and some very cool stuff. This mod is in Very early stages only got some basic designs. One type of mech I would like to add is a human like mech. And of course for weapons I would like to add something like a railgun.(I have some very good ideas about this gun :D). New armors would include Upgraded power armor, Mech armor, And Exo suits. And of coures better prostetic limibs example: Super sprint. And if I could I would add aircrafts to travel over head. ( these things would never attack mostly they would repersent traders just for extra thing I might add.)
The main mech I want to add is a gaint mech called "King Crab". ( This name might change.) This mech would be Very rare. Hopefully I could manage a way to make it go over walls due to its size and it will also have a weapen called a "Mac Cannon" very powerful but takes over a min to fire. Once fired it causes a huge explosion and deals tons of damage but it can't rotate the gun once it picks it's target.( Hopefully that is a fair balance)
WEAPONS
On to weapens some of which I will add are Railgun, muit-rocket, fusion lance, FLAMETHOWER, electric staff, and other basic weapens, and of course the Mini Mac cannon.
The G40 mk1: (working on the stats, protype design)
MS 42: (working on it)
HK 89: (Nowhere near finished)
SH 10: ( you know what I would say)
NE 25: ( ;D working on it)
FY 11: ( Yep )
YIPPY KY YAY MR FALCON: A very OP weapen that will kill everything in one hit. can be used as much as wanted. (this is for you falcon a weapen named after you although good luck getting it.)
The Railgun: a powerful, can go through 3 enemys, but slowfire rate.
The muit-rocket: shoots 1 rocket then it splits into 2, and VERY slow reload time.
Flamethower: short range, sets fires to area in front, and is powerfull.
Electic staff: stuns human enemys for 1.5 sec, disables mechs after 4 hits, does little damage.
Mini mac cannon: 1/4 of the damage of the origenal gun and its blast it 1/10 of the origenal. (tells you how big that blast is hehehehe)
Hive Mechs
The Buzzer bio: Bee like. Advanges: Very fast, Powerful melee fighters, can fly over walls. Disadvanges: low health, no ranged attack, weak vs fire (KILL IT WITH FIRE)

The Stalker bio: Unknown. Advanges: long range unit, deals high damage, very good shot, and can become invisble for a short time. Disavanges: very weak and slow. Weak vs melee (GANG BANG)

The Cyclone bio: human like. Very basic soldier. Weak vs explosives, and fire
(FIRE AND EXPLOSIVES FIX EVERYTHING)

Another mech the Critrer bio: Spider like. Swamers. Advanges: A very small and fast mech, explodes when it dies like the boom rat, very fast attack speeds, come in large numbers. Disadvanges: very weak, prone to gunfire, can be easily disabled. Weak vs all combat related weapens. :/

The Mobile hive: Big robotic factory, 3 types Advanges: can produce Critters, Cyclones, buzzers.(Depending on type) Disavanges: very slow, no defence weapens, weak vs explosives, only drops during Massive invasion. Produce rates: critter 5 every 10 secs, Buzzers 3 every 10 secs, Cyclones 3 every 10 secs.
MEDICAL
Nanobot kit: Advanges:able to heal during a fight. 1/4 of the time in the medical center. Fixes broken bones. Disavanges: during solarflares the person becomes useless until it is done. you can never disinstall them.
Robotic medic bed: heals people Twice as fast then the normal. Doesen't require medkits to perform surgrery but insteads takes energy.
New diseases: Nano discharge, lead poisoning, and Chip discharge.
Nano discharge: happens to people with nanobots during a solar flare.
Lead poisoning: a 3/10 chance to get while eating food by a poorly trained cook.
Chip discharge: happens to Drones, and people with chips in them during a solar flare (Rare chance to get with drones)
Radom events
Massive invasion: Sends Very large force to attack your base. Can happen with both raiders and mechs
Mech outburst: Turns one of your people into a half cyclone, half human. Becomes aggresive. Can capture. Only happens when a critters starts a bleed.
Compustion: Radomly sets one of your people on fire.
Airship traveling: adds an airship crossing over you land.
Mech Battleship crashes: Contains a huge army of mechs inside. But also contains Advance weapens.
Mech swarm: Sends tons of critter and hives to attack.
Anicent Ruins: when mine you might discover a ruin containing Mech Coding, Deactivated mechs, Advance weapens and armor, and dead bodys. Just to add a bit of lore.
ARMORS
The armors some from which will sound common ground.
Exo Suit: Person gains 2x speed, 2x melee damage, and can have a personal sheild
Juggernaunt suit: heaviliy armored, tought to kill, -80% movement debuff.
Cloak suit: able to disapper for a short time, can't shoot, -10% movement debuff during cloak time.
Heavy Exo suit: Heaviliy armored, 4x speed, equiped with a minigun, 20% increase of aim, Need to buy or craft, Very expensive.
Mech suit: -2x speed, has DUEL MINIGUNS; because we need more firepower; SUPER DURPER EXPENSIVE; were talking a few Million sliver to buy;, can only BUY, and 10x melee damage. if operator is knocked out the mech suit wakes them up. Can also out fit different weapens. Has personel shield. As well as a mini rocket pod on it. (because there is no such thing as OVERKILL.)
Courier mech suit: can hold up to 10 different things at a time, huge inventory space, non-combat. 50% buff to movement.
HUMAN MECHS
this segment to mechs you can build. They do require energy fillers, and have no moral.
Servent mech: decent dumb labor skills, Super fast, does dumb labor (cleaning, hauling, ect), Cheap to make, non-combat, weak.
Medical mech: decent doctor skills, Heals people super fast, weak, Fairly expensive to make, non-combat.
Worker mech: decent building/mining skill, Decently fast, 2x faster build/mine rates, non-combat. Fairly mid price to make.
Body guard mech: Can force put them in a place forever, decent shot/melee skills, can assign who or what to protect, Decent health, fairly expensive to make, and needs a weapen to operate.
Anti-personal mech: Armored mini tank :D equiped with what ever you give it, decently fast, programable, can deploy to increase aim. Expensive to make.

That's all I have at the moment. If you would like to give me feedback on my mod I will be reading it all. This would also be my first mod for rimworld. Have any suggestion to add I will take into account. All this could change as well still very early development. Sorry for any misspellings along the way.
PROGRESS HAS BEEN PUT ON HOLD BECUASE MY COMPUTER CAN'T HANDLE IT so I need to upgrade it. :( so expect it for progress to go slow and once I upgrade my computer progress will rise alot.
I will do progress reports once a week.

Progress report 1: Well my dear friend made a railgun design for me when I asked him. I had nothing to do with it other then then brighting up some of the colors. Very awsome design by him. http://prntscr.com/74yx18

Progress report 2: Once again my dear friend has made yet another very good design for the HK-89. Very awsome design I must say by him. http://prntscr.com/79rkta

Progress report 3: ok I got to give a hand to my friend here he some how made this in a few days. So he designed the NE 25 http://prntscr.com/7evf3h. The thing will not be underpowered.

Progress report 4: Nothing. sorry for the long delay. My pc is shit and I need to get a new one. But I have been looking at the files for rimworld to get a better understanding of modding. :/ this project will be finished some day I promise.

Progress report 5: SOOOO SORRY FOR THE DELAY. Well This is a small thing I did no idea what to call it so you name it people. http://prntscr.com/8jgmlk remember almost all of the gun models could change they are not final
Nothing but a beginner modder. :D I hope I get to know you all well.

Dragoon

Wow this looks like it'd be amazing can't wait to see what you do!
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Adamiks

Nice. But change "weapens" to "weapons". And words like "enemys" should be written like this -"enemies". (with "es")

deadlydullahan

Quote from: Adamiks on May 26, 2015, 05:08:26 AM
Nice. But change "weapens" to "weapons". And words like "enemys" should be writed like this -"enemies". (with "es")

"writed" should be written "written" my good sir  ;D aside from that yea, there's a few spelling errors just make sure to run them by googles magnificent auto correct (the search bar [Let's be honest, who doesnt use the search bar when they can't figure out how to spell a word?])

Adamiks

Quote from: deadlydullahan on May 26, 2015, 10:28:21 AM
Nice. But change "weapens" to "weapons". And words like "enemys" should be writed like this -"enemies". (with "es")

"writed" should be written "written" my good sir  ;D aside from that yea, there's a few spelling errors just make sure to run them by googles magnificent auto correct (the search bar [Let's be honest, who doesnt use the search bar when they can't figure out how to spell a word?])

Jesus.... To much weapens? ;D

Crashy

Ok then I fix those spelling errors for you. :D

FridayBiology

Stealth event ideas and request :
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=14752.new#new

Please complete your Mech advancement mod (fan)
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

Crashy

Quote from: Feirfec on August 04, 2015, 09:29:17 AM
Stealth event ideas and request :
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=14752.new#new

Please complete your Mech advancement mod (fan)
I know but my pc can't run shit right now I do have plans on getting a new computer just for modding. Also I will try to add the stealth if I can. Awsome idea!

Crashy

Ok I will admit it I need HELP with this mod ok my pc for modding was a bust and now I am broke.  Sooo if some one wants to take over till I get a new one. Update: Well then I must have the worst luck ever got the bsod once I booted up my new pc. GREAT.