Ultimate Overhaul Mod invisible character glitch

Started by hoochy, October 01, 2015, 01:48:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoochy

Sorry don't know where else to post this. Maybe this happens in the normal game too sometimes. Anyhow sometimes characters become invisible, but they are still actually there doing work. You can usually see them in only in bed but when you click on them they don't have the usual character selection cross hair. Also those little icons in the mod pack aren't shown for the invisible character either. Usually going back a few saves fixes it, but it's quite annoying. Is there another fix for this? Is there a certain mod known for doing this I can disable? Thanks.

cuproPanda

Find a way to get your colonists move speed under 12c/s. that's the only way I know. I'd even go as far as <10c/s in the event the colonist gets a buff. GT bionic legs would be the first to go, since each one raises the move speed by like 3 or 4 cells/second
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

hoochy

Quote from: cuproPanda on October 01, 2015, 01:56:48 AM
Find a way to get your colonists move speed under 12c/s. that's the only way I know. I'd even go as far as <10c/s in the event the colonist gets a buff. GT bionic legs would be the first to go, since each one raises the move speed by like 3 or 4 cells/second

They are fully invisible "Forever" as soon as they turn invisible though. Are you saying the glitch is caused by the move speed and that reducing their speed will stop it? I'm not saying they are invisible only when moving, but all the time and even the icons that are added in that modpack disappear. It's like the graphics just stop being drawn for that pawn.

hoochy

I can confirm the bug seems to have not happened since slowing down my characters. So maybe it is what happened.

Is this going to be fixed in the core game?

TLHeart

Quote from: hoochy on October 01, 2015, 07:22:14 AM
I can confirm the bug seems to have not happened since slowing down my characters. So maybe it is what happened.

Is this going to be fixed in the core game?

Since the bug is not part of the core game, no. The mod pack is causing the problem.

JT

I dunno, that seems like picking straws. =) It's exposed by a mod, but is caused by a vanilla bug unless the now-late author is making any particularly unusual hooks into the graphics code.

Since it doesn't come up in normal gameplay, it would however render the fix lower priority -- 12 cells per second is ludicrously fast -- but given the possibility of having things like vehicles, mounts, and other extremely fast-moving objects added by mods legitimately, then unless it's a specific case scenario isolated to the mod itself it should be investigated and patched somewhere in the long term.

cuproPanda

This is a problem with vanilla. One cell appears to be roughly one meter, so 12c/s would be 43kmh, or the speed of somebody zooming by on a bike. This issue would only really come up in the case of vehicles or overpowered mod additions. Overpowered additions I am quite in favor of.
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

Coenmcj

Ison said this the last time this bug showed up.
Quote from: IsonMantised, thanks. Not very important for now, because it's not possible to reproduce without mods.
Unfortunately.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite