Problems with crafted items and their quality

Started by Geroj, October 01, 2015, 07:38:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geroj

So I have colonist with 19 crafting and I tried to create numerous things and I had almost no masterwork or legendary quality
but why? Look at my statistic - 10 wooden swords -4 excellent, 2 superior, 1 good, 2 normal
considering this http://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/Quality there is 0. something to 1% chance to create normal weapon ...wtf? and more than 25 and 15% to create something above excellent
from 50 weapons I created only one was legendary and around 3 masterwork with 18 and 19 crafting skill
I am doing something wrong?

skullywag

I would say 1 legendary from 50 is about right, if it was anymore wouldnt be very legendary would it?
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Geroj

So why there is wiki page explaining crafting and quality %? I dont get it
Also leveled crafting to 20, which is maximum and still nothing, got lot higher quality on 16-17 skill than I have on 19-20

skullywag

RNG is RNG not sure what else to say. Ill have a look at the code for this but i doubt im gonna learn anything more than its RNG.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Sumbius

Does the colonist have any health problems that might affect the work quality?

TLHeart

Also that wiki page has not been updated to any changes made in alpha 12.

Aristocat

Quote from: Sumbius on October 01, 2015, 12:27:29 PM
Does the colonist have any health problems that might affect the work quality?

I have full bionic colonists that has godlike crafting skill. Mostly crafts superior and normal, rarely excellent. So no it doesn't affect anything.

Quote from: skullywag on October 01, 2015, 10:21:13 AM
RNG is RNG not sure what else to say. Ill have a look at the code for this but i doubt im gonna learn anything more than its RNG.

Although I'd love to see crafting excellent chance raised to around 50% and 30% for masterwork, have you looked at medieval shield or is it abandoned?

Ashiver

I want to do some more testing, but I have noticed I am usually getting superior out of my godlike constructor when making beds.  I get some good, a lot of superior, occasionally I get excellent.  At some point shouldn't you be able to trust a crafter to make stuff out of expensive materials and not have it likely be mid grade crap worth less than the materials?  I wonder if that wiki page is out of date, maybe Tynan has adjusted the numbers.

Limdood

there's definitely a lot of RNG and some HARD success percentages.

Getting sick of watching a contruction 20 colonist making shoddy beds.

Watched an 11 skill artist make 5 sculptures back to back - poor, poor, shoddy, poor, normal.  by then she was skill 13.

I've noticed that low skill pawns have almost no chance to craft even mediocre items.
Med skill colonists craft low and medium and rarely anything above good.
High skill colonists craft often in the poor-superior range, but dip below occasionally
and max skill tend to make lots of normals, goods, and superiors, with the occasional dip below or spike above.

Mmgfrcs

It also depends on the difficulty you're playing on, as I recall when I'm making my mod
My last game has 3 out of 17 legendary beds from my level 18 constructor, more on normal and superior
That's on Basebuilder