what is the hauling priority?

Started by zandadoum, September 12, 2015, 04:30:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zandadoum

Heya,

so, is there any code that specifies in what order stuff gets hauled or is it complete RNG/by range/whatever?

scenario:
i have some chunks marked for hauling all over the place. not too many, but quite some.
harvest is ready, i need haulers to get on the potatoes, but they rather go for the chunks for whatever reason.

i am trying to understand how hauling exactly works, maybe there's a MOD to change the priority order (if there's any)?

Too-DAMN-Much

i'm not too sure on the mechanical workings so hopefully someone can fill that in for you, but on the other hand if you have a food only stockpile already try making that one critical priority is what i do, not really sure but it seems to help a bit, just set your others to lower priorities or leave at default.

FMJ Penguin

Quote from: Too-DAMN-Much on September 12, 2015, 05:15:38 AM
i'm not too sure on the mechanical workings so hopefully someone can fill that in for you, but on the other hand if you have a food only stockpile already try making that one critical priority is what i do, not really sure but it seems to help a bit, just set your others to lower priorities or leave at default.

Think at the moment that's about the only way to manage hauling jobs specifically. Otherwise it's just whatever they happened to be closest to or something. Been alot of posts asking for a separate hauling priority schedule so you could set it up by item priority lately. Can't say I'd be apposed to that if it was optional which I'm sure it would be.
Bits & bobs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/buuxpswcu9rzh3o/AABlRN4f2E4UNfDY8a_RoA6Ea?dl=0 All open source so sell it to Adolf for a new pair of sneaks if you like.
"Curious.... How many credit hours does it take tell you can make a comment like that without laughing uncontrollably at yourself?"

TLHeart

Hauling priority got changed in 12, for the worse. Distance to the pickup location seems to be the first thing considered, from the colonists current location. No longer are corpses a priority, they just get done eventually.

It does appear that  items being hauled to a critical stockpile take precedence.

Too-DAMN-Much

Quote from: FMJ Penguin on September 12, 2015, 05:48:02 AM
Quote from: Too-DAMN-Much on September 12, 2015, 05:15:38 AM

Think at the moment that's about the only way to manage hauling jobs specifically. Otherwise it's just whatever they happened to be closest to or something. Been alot of posts asking for a separate hauling priority schedule so you could set it up by item priority lately. Can't say I'd be apposed to that if it was optional which I'm sure it would be.

you could honestly make a stockpile for every single item one at a time all marked as critical and do that, just pointing it out.

Mikhail Reign

Hauling priority is a combination of closest item, and stockpile priority. Critical stockpiles will generally fill first, low will fill last.

zandadoum

Quote from: Mikhail Reign on September 14, 2015, 09:44:34 PM
Hauling priority is a combination of closest item, and stockpile priority. Critical stockpiles will generally fill first, low will fill last.
and what priority are cremations and burying?

ZestyLemons

Graves are marked 'Important' by default, I'm pretty sure. Dunno about cremations, as they're a job and not a stockpile.
Help out with the wiki!

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Divaya/
Wiki: http://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/User:Zesty

Feel free to contact me about wiki questions or wiki admin stuff.

Mikhail Reign

Quote from: zandadoum on September 15, 2015, 03:21:34 AM

Not sure - cremations are a crafting job if I remember correctly (been a while) and burying would be a hauling job. I remember you use to be able to set the priority on graves - so its priority would be whatever the grave was I guess (taking distance into account). As for cremating - its not a hauling job (or wasn't last I checked) so its priority is completely separate from hauling jobs.

cultist

Quote from: Mikhail Reign on September 15, 2015, 04:26:57 AM
Quote from: zandadoum on September 15, 2015, 03:21:34 AM

Not sure - cremations are a crafting job if I remember correctly (been a while) and burying would be a hauling job. I remember you use to be able to set the priority on graves - so its priority would be whatever the grave was I guess (taking distance into account). As for cremating - its not a hauling job (or wasn't last I checked) so its priority is completely separate from hauling jobs.
Cremation is a hauling job. I'm not sure exactly when it changed, but it's defintely haulers who do the cremating now, and they won't cremate automatically if they have higher priority jobs.

FMJ Penguin

Hauling is just too wonky and convoluted atm. Way too much time is spent manualing hauling imo. Realy shouldn't be that much of a pain. Even DF's messy system was much much less bs. Then again, there were such high populations in DF that it didn't really matter how you set it up I guess.  ::)
Bits & bobs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/buuxpswcu9rzh3o/AABlRN4f2E4UNfDY8a_RoA6Ea?dl=0 All open source so sell it to Adolf for a new pair of sneaks if you like.
"Curious.... How many credit hours does it take tell you can make a comment like that without laughing uncontrollably at yourself?"

zandadoum

isn't there any mod available that give max. priority to corpses?

i have a lot of stockpiles, the priorities i can assign to each of them feels a little limited... i have a morgue stockpile with max. priority for corpses... and still colonists haul other stuff (that has same priority, like food) before corpses...

isn't there a mod to fix this behaviour and give max. priority to corpses, like it was in some previous alpha?