Colonist sounds?

Started by FreddyFazbear, September 30, 2015, 03:34:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should Colonist make a sound when they get hurt or die like animals do?

Yes!
No!
Only if its not to loud!

FreddyFazbear

So, Ive been thinking... You know how animals make sounds when they get hurt and die? Well why cant colonist make sounds when they get hurt and die? I just think it would give colonist a bit more life... Or is a feature like this never going to happen because you would need lots and lots and LOTS of people to scream and yell into a microphone because there are so many different colonist in the game?  What do you think?

cultist

I think it would be weird if they only made a noise when they died. If you added a death noise, you would have to add sounds for all kinds of other activities as well, which is probably the reason there's no voices at all (time and budget constraints).

With that said, some generic human background noise like coughing or people chatting might breathe a little life into the colonies. It feels odd that you can hear all the activity of people working but no human sounds.

keylocke

i like simlish type language or something like don't starve or basically just any sound whever they converse.

-also, colonist deaths and and incapacitation ought to have it's own alert pop-up envelope on the right side. coz sometimes it's hard to keep track on a protracted battle.

Toggle

It should just mail a yellow message that your colonist died.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

LouisTBR

Well, Prison Architect did it! I know I keep comparing this to PA, but that is because I need to!
Only in RimWorld is the phrase "31 Heavily-Armed Siegers are currently bombing your base" preferable to "50 manhunting squirrels are attacking your colony"

Toggle

Well PA is focused more on managing tons of prisoners, that's all it's focused on, so makes sense they'd have something to say. But a yellow message works better.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

Alistaire

Along with that, selecting units and such could have audio too. I'd love a "Rogan?" every now and then.

This could all easily be a mod, of course.