thrumboes starving themselves to death.

Started by keylocke, October 02, 2015, 09:21:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

keylocke

so i bought my thrumbo a mate. everything was going fine, i was thinking that since thrumbos live like a gajillion years, i can probably farm them for life.

but then something weird happened, my female thrumbo just refused to eat (even though i got plenty of corn and hay and rice stocked in my freezer and in my farms.

sometimes it does eat and drink (i even saw it drunk from drinking too much booze), but then i just it wandering around, not doing anything, not eating anything, just starving itself to death.

the same thing happened before in a previous colony.

what does "dendrovorous" mean? the only other creature i found that was "dendrovorous" were those beavers.. do thrumbos eat trees? what exactly do they eat and why do they suddenly just starve themselves to death?

i'm using a12.914..

edit : i also saw them eating devilstrands, so beware.

Goldenpotatoes

Just like beavers, they only eat trees/wood. I hope you live in a boreal forest or jungle.

keylocke

but i also see them eating meals, rice, corn, hay, and even booze..

however, they sometimes "forget" to eat, if i allow them to just wander around.

TLHeart

Thumbros will eat meals, drink bear, eat plants, but watch their needs food meter, and with each meal it only goes up slightly... when they eat a LIVE mature tree, they fill their need for food.

Dendro; a greek word meaning tree.

keylocke

i think i just solved the mystery of how thrumboes starve themselves to death..

basically they can drink a crap-ton of booze, so when they start starving and find an easy access to booze, they drink themselves silly and then starve to death by being unable to eat anything during the long duration that they are passed out.

party hard thrumboes! party on! hahaha  ;D

Drahkon

Yeah, a thrumbo's food meter drops crazy fast, anything that prevents them from eating for even a short while can push them into malnutrition easily. Make sure to keep your female limited to a fairly small area with lots of food and a good animal bed to prevent miscarriages.
Anyone found them worth breeding? They mature far to slowly to ever get another generation really going in a game and training them takes literal years. Best I can think of would be selling the young.

TLHeart

Thumbros, destroy for the valuable fur and horn. No time to waste spending years to try and train or bread them.

zandadoum

Quote from: TLHeart on October 04, 2015, 04:05:17 AM
Thumbros, destroy for the valuable fur and horn. No time to waste spending years to try and train or bread them.
as far as i know, thrumbos can't even breed, so....

Coenmcj

IRC They had a pregnancy period of something like 17 months or something. Pretty sure the times for each of the critters popped up during testing or immediately after.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite