[A12d] Colony Manager

Started by Fluffy (l2032), October 04, 2015, 09:20:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stranger080

been trying this mod out, really fun, but it would be nice if you could add the "do forever" and "do until you have X" options for the bill, because right now, its very hard to know if the bill will keep going

Fluffy (l2032)

All manager bills are do until X, that's the whole idea behind the threshold - it allows you to set anything as x.

I'll see about cleaning up the interface and adding an overview with better information to make this whole thing more clear.

stranger080

Sweet, thanks, and yeah, I figured that out

blub01

I haven't tried this yet, but it looks totally freaking awesome.
Quote from: Zobaken on September 02, 2015, 12:37:37 AM
1. Please make people unable to move through deep waters. I don't like raiders cosplaying Jesus.

illmatix

Love this mod! I only wish it was a little less laggy when opening up the manager interface, but I can understand that loading every reaction might be a little time consuming.

Also, I'm looking forward to load balancing although setting workshops for a specific task does the job currently.

Fluffy (l2032)

I'm currently overhauling the system, wasn't aware of a long startup time but I'll look into that. I've also removed the 'all' tab, so it won't load all possible bills anymore, just those your colony has the workbenches for.

I'm working on an overview tab to change priorities of jobs (right now it's basically first come first serve) and give an idea of the efficiency of your manager and jobs.

Other things coming up;
Import / export between colonies.
"Ranching" module, setting targets for livestock, excess will be slaughtered. Also set training for a race.
"Hunting & Gathering" module, basically autohuntbeacon, but in the manager framework.

stranger080

Wow, that sounds awesome, I don't care how long it takes, that sounds really great

Fearle55

@Fluffy
About removing this "all" tab, could you please let it remain in the mod? Perhaps as some separate tab or button.
Personally, I think it is really useful. Recipies tell you what table they use. I used this functionality when I had problems to find where to craft certain recipies. This way I knew that my item is on "that" table and not on "other".

-Cheers

Fluffy (l2032)

you should use the CCL help system for that (assuming you have CCL, and if not, why not?), it's got a lot more information besides just where it's crafted.

Fearle55

I have CCL, I use AK Hardcore modpack, with few minor additions. I'm not aware of any help system i think, is it built-in inside CCL or is it some CCL-addon? I have trouble locating it on the forum. Can you perhaps give me some link?

-Cheers

Fluffy (l2032)

It's build into CCL, there should be a button on the bottom left saying 'help'. If it isn't there, try updating CCL.

Fearle55

Right, I'm aware of this tab, i checked it too, it displays FAQ info and similar stuff, which is good. However for my particular searching needs i find your solution hands down superior. I type in search window (in "available" tab) for example "vancidium" and i know straight away if i can make it, and the name of a table with coresponding bill. 100% simple, 100% proof :) If i can have my vote, i give +1 for "all" tab to stay. At least for full production reference and planning reason. Thanks!

-Cheers

blub01

Quote from: Fearle55 on October 30, 2015, 03:24:49 PM
Right, I'm aware of this tab, i checked it too, it displays FAQ info and similar stuff, which is good. However for my particular searching needs i find your solution hands down superior. I type in search window (in "available" tab) for example "vancidium" and i know straight away if i can make it, and the name of a table with coresponding bill. 100% simple, 100% proof :) If i can have my vote, i give +1 for "all" tab to stay. At least for full production reference and planning reason. Thanks!

-Cheers

the help tab tells you the number of outputs, too, though, while the manager only shows the bills, which don't necessarily show the amount you get out.
Quote from: Zobaken on September 02, 2015, 12:37:37 AM
1. Please make people unable to move through deep waters. I don't like raiders cosplaying Jesus.

Fluffy (l2032)

right so in a late night moment of confusion I accidentally created a new thread instead of updating this one. Either way - a massive update to the manager is out, get it at https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=16888.0

gnomeknows

Have you thought about adding a research manager, to work towards unavailable research or to set the research order from available research?