[A12d] Colony Manager

Started by Fluffy (l2032), October 04, 2015, 09:20:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fluffy (l2032)

• Assign 'global' bills, that will be assigned to workstations by your manager(s).
  • Set start/stop conditions with the aid of a trigger.
  • Select which workstations bills should be assigned to by area and/or count, or select specific workstations.

How does it work?

• You can manually set bills in the new Manager tab on the bottom of the screen. Once set, a colonist with the manager skill and worktype enabled will go to a manager station to figure out the best way to hand out jobs to individual workstations
  • Periodically, the manager will check if the assigned bills are still up-to-date, and make changes or delete bills where required
  • The manager will not touch bills that are set manually
  • In theory there is no real limit to the number of global bills that can be set, but there is still a limit per workstation.

• Regard this as an advanced beta version. I've spent over a week ironing out bugs from the first working version. I feel it's ready for a public release, but at the same time I know there's probably bugs that I won't catch without user feedback and many different playthroughs/playstyles.
  • Requires a new save. Adds a worktype, which in my tests gave errors on old savegames.
  • Should work perfectly fine with other mods that add bills, assuming they do nothing too fancy/weird.

• Skills display on the colonist info pane gets cut off when using EdB Interface. This is an issue with EdB interface.
  • I'm not sure what happens when the manager assigns bills to a workstation that can take no more bills, expect better handling of such cases in future updates.
  • No 'load balancing' is currently done, the manager does not care how many bills a workstation has. Expect better load balancing in future updates.

Latest release | all releases | GitHub repository

• Enhanced AI on bill assignment, load balancing, edge cases.
  • More interactions and jobs for manager work type.
    • Inspirational speeches
    • Stern talking to for a job poorly done
    • More ideas? (the goal is to add more social options, where appropriate with good/bad thought modifiers, or work speed modifiers if I can make that work.
  • AutoHuntBeacon functionality integrated as a new manager 'module' (i.e. the button in the top left of the tab will let you switch).
  • 'Behaviour' as a new manager module;

• Set recruit/medical care settings on prisoners based on their attributes
    • Assign colonists to specific areas under certain conditions (raids, events)
  • Open to suggestions!

A12d.1a - resource count fixed, added max skill toggle for minWorkSkill option of bill
A12d.1 - initial release

The license for all my mods can be found here.

NihilRex

This sounds totally awesome Fluffy.  I will give this a run through tonight!

Cataphract

Looks amazing. I'll give it a try ASAP

Beathrus

rsdworker

looks amazing - i love Automated manager so i dont have to worry about it

Grogfeld

Oh, great. I remember such a thing in dwarf fortress and if there will be pawn who controls it that's even better!

MisterVertigo

This is a great idea! I'm in the middle of a good game right now, but I'll be trying this out on my next one.
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: Grogfeld on October 04, 2015, 02:30:06 PM
Oh, great. I remember such a thing in dwarf fortress and if there will be pawn who controls it that's even better!
That's the inspiration ;)

Owlchemist

Nice idea for a mod! Thanks for sharing.

I think there's some potential for expansion on the Min Skill slider. For example, I've always wanted the option to automatically restrict a bill to whoever is currently the best crafter in the colony....which would be done by figuring out who has the highest skill and setting the min skill to that.

The opposite would be useful too - a max skill slider. I'd use this for low priority newbie jobs like making kindling, to help train the low level crafters with inexpensive resources.

NihilRex

Okay, Im still messing around with this, but I had a question...

Is there any chance I can get a save\load joblist function?  It seems like im always setting up the same jobs in every colony...

hyprformnce

Man, Fluffy you're on a rampage. Your mods are so impactful!

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: Owlchemist on October 04, 2015, 06:55:25 PM
Nice idea for a mod! Thanks for sharing.

I think there's some potential for expansion on the Min Skill slider. For example, I've always wanted the option to automatically restrict a bill to whoever is currently the best crafter in the colony....which would be done by figuring out who has the highest skill and setting the min skill to that.

The opposite would be useful too - a max skill slider. I'd use this for low priority newbie jobs like making kindling, to help train the low level crafters with inexpensive resources.
You're welcome! As for min/max jobskill, I'll look into adding a 'sticky' max possible skill option or something along those lines. Minimum skil is not currently possible. The mod works by assigning and deleting bills just like the player would, I don't actually change the code for the workstations or the bills themselves. This means I can't really influence which pawn does what bill, the core bill code just doesn't have options for that.

You could spoof a training zone by simply making a training workshop area that is forbidden to your master engineers though, not ideal, but it'll work.

Quote from: NihilRex on October 04, 2015, 07:13:28 PM
Okay, Im still messing around with this, but I had a question...

Is there any chance I can get a save\load joblist function?  It seems like im always setting up the same jobs in every colony...
Yep, thats what I'm doing at the moment, cross colony import/export.

Thanks everyone for the feedback! Please do keep it coming ;)

NihilRex

The targets don't seem to work for meals.  I was hoping for 80meals, and instead, Im over 240.  They only stop cooking when they run out of meat...

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: NihilRex on October 05, 2015, 02:40:24 AM
The targets don't seem to work for meals.  I was hoping for 80meals, and instead, Im over 240.  They only stop cooking when they run out of meat...
Noted, will look into it tonight. Are the counts on the manager tab correct?

NihilRex

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on October 05, 2015, 02:50:37 AM
Quote from: NihilRex on October 05, 2015, 02:40:24 AM
Noted, will look into it tonight. Are the counts on the manager tab correct?

It shows a current of 0, and keeps adding 80 meals to the cookstove.

EDIT:: Added screenshot - http://imgur.com/iaV49b4